General Category > LONG DISTANCE RIDING, Proper preparation, Safety and Tips

IBA Motels

(1/4) > >>

ST2UP:
Some prefer 4hrs in a motel room with a shower......others a quiet roadside rest area atop a table for 20 mins  :grin

Post your preferred IBA Motel locations here so as to help others researching their LD Riding needs...... locations from a millions stars down to 2 stars  :think1

Here's a classic example in NT, even has off street undercover parking and an alfresco dining area.

:popcorn

alans1100:
Hotels/Motels aren't a place I usually go to for any reason but on our ride to Silverton in 2012 we were surprised to see the Olary Hotel up and running. Even more surprising was the Ulysses sign out the front so a bike friendly place in the middle of nowhere.

This section of  Barrier Hwy is also part of the Sydney to Perth route so anyone heading to a national rally could also use it as a stop over.

http://publocation.com.au/pubs/sa/olary/olary-hotel

Biggles:

--- Quote from: ST2UP on September 08, 2014, 09:30:10 PM ---
Here's a classic example in NT, even has off street undercover parking and an alfresco dining area.

--- End quote ---

That's a 5 Star one, mate.

Might need lat/long to put it into a plan, though.

Wombattle:
This little bike friendly pub in Canberra is more my style.  A tip, when the valets tell you how much it is to park the bike securely downstairs tell them you'll pay only if they park it. They'll give you the code for free.  :thumbs

It's also a nice place to drop in for High Tea if you are riding through and feeling a bit peckish.

alans1100:

--- Quote from: Biggles on September 09, 2014, 11:24:56 AM ---
--- Quote from: ST2UP on September 08, 2014, 09:30:10 PM ---

--- End quote ---

That's a 5 Star one, mate.

Might need lat/long to put it into a plan, though.

--- End quote ---

I avoid them.......grey nomads use them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version