Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Cams, Cam Mounts, Editing Software...

Drift and Stealth...

<< < (24/25) > >>

Brock:
Well of course you couldnt, I dint have my glasses on at the time o:) o:) o:)

Real reason is it was dark, the signs were off to the left, and the camera was looking down the road not at the signs... Dont know if the signs can be read in daylight, may need to ride a lot slower. (Thats just not going to happen-- too dangerous to slow down)

Lionel:
I tried to video travelling through towns on a holiday years ago with the intention of having a good reservoir of footage to make a reasonable holiday film.
I found travelling at the speed limit was way too fast to film decent detail, particularly with the camera pointed in the direction of travel.
It seems today's cameras suffer the same shortcomings.

Brock:
These cameras have a huge field of view, (160 o), so they cant focus on everything but they do a great job.

Aussieboy:

--- Quote from: terrydj on February 14, 2012, 01:14:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Gavo on February 14, 2012, 12:45:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: tj189 on February 10, 2012, 05:32:52 AM ---Gavo, I haven't had mine long, so a bit curious as to what you have found wrong with the camera so I can avoid an foreseeable issues with the "trendy piece of crap"
Thanks for your advice  :thumbs

--- End quote ---
Im wanting to know what the trendy piece of crap was so i could avoid it

--- End quote ---
The piece of Crap is called a GoPro. Just a worthless piece of junk. The battery life is rubbish, and even if its just turned on and not filming. They have no playback feature, no view screen, no remote, you can't see what your filming, can't use it with gloves on, be buggered if you can turn it on and off if your moving, just junk and for the price you pay ??????????, just brubbish compared to the Drift X170.

--- End quote ---

What kind of GoPro did you have. Mine came standard with a remote. If you want even more control just use the GoPro app through your phone, this also gives you a view screen and the ability to play back. I have no problems using mine with gloves on - the buttons are designed for use with gloves on. Only real issue is that I can't reach it in most of the places I mount it on the bike so using either the remote or my phone is essential. I usually set it up before a ride if I am going to just take video of the road and use the remote to turn it on and off. To be honest the times I want to take video I have a bit more to concentrate on than viewing what the camera is recording. Battery life seems to be about 2 hours if it is left recording or with the wifi connection to the remote or phone. If I am using it in the dash mount position behind the screen of the ST I can turn it on and off manually and generally I will get all the video I want for the day from the 2 hours of battery life. Not hard to recharge when I take a break with my Power Monkey any way if I want longer, or if it became an issue additional batteries would fix it up. I like the simplicity of splicing the GoPro video into video taken with other cameras and the ability to include higher quality stills whilst taking video. Guess everyone likes different things, at the moment looking at the number of professionals using GoPro it must be reasonably good. Bit like all those who knock Nikon and Canon cameras - take a look at what the pro's use - they don't use stuff because it's trendy.

Couch:
From memory the Go Pro doesn't have "Video Tagging" which is a feature with the Drift! :grin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version