Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Cams, Cam Mounts, Editing Software...

Another Rider fined for camera on helmet

<< < (2/5) > >>

HunterTodd:
For what it is worth a Go Pro fitted to Michael Schumachers ski helmet was apparently a contributor to the severity of his injury.  Shares in Go Pro dived when it was announced.

Couch:
Anything's possible of course, just carrying a bunch of keys in your pocket could cause severe injuries to the top of the leg if you fall on them............but, these are the everyday risks we take without thinking too much about them!   I recall something that was told to me long ago, "If we put up too many fences against the risks we take, then we run the risk of shutting out life itself" :grin

--- Quote from: HunterTodd on November 22, 2014, 07:16:43 PM ---For what it is worth a Go Pro fitted to Michael Schumachers ski helmet was apparently a contributor to the severity of his injury.  Shares in Go Pro dived when it was announced.

--- End quote ---

ST2UP:
Nice job of masking the factory installed "dint" with Drift camera mounted to the nose Baz  :like

:beer

Couch:
It's a great spot for taking still shots but I found there was too much vibration for successful video in that position, hence the mount on top of the helmet, which also gives a clear view of everything ahead. This is the beauty of the Drift Ghost Camera, it's small and unobtrusive, and controlled from your riding position using the remote control unit that I have strapped to my left handlebar, then it's simply a matter of pressing a button, and away ya go!! :grin

--- Quote from: ST2UP on November 22, 2014, 08:43:25 PM ---Nice job of masking the factory installed "dint" with Drift camera mounted to the nose Baz  :like

:beer

--- End quote ---

HunterTodd:

--- Quote from: Couch on November 22, 2014, 08:32:55 PM ---Anything's possible of course, just carrying a bunch of keys in your pocket could cause severe injuries to the top of the leg if you fall on them............but, these are the everyday risks we take without thinking too much about them!   I recall something that was told to me long ago, "If we put up too many fences against the risks we take, then we run the risk of shutting out life itself" :grin

--- Quote from: HunterTodd on November 22, 2014, 07:16:43 PM ---For what it is worth a Go Pro fitted to Michael Schumachers ski helmet was apparently a contributor to the severity of his injury.  Shares in Go Pro dived when it was announced.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yes Couch but there is also a concept of risk versus reward.

Is the risk of exacerbating a potential catastrophic  injury worth the reward of a few videos when with a bit of effort you could find a safer way of mounting the camera. To me not but obviously others will disagree.   I have a Cho Pro  (Chinese Go Pro) and now the initial novelty has worn off I barely use it so for me the risk is not worth the reward..

I do think it is a fall call to say that individuals are pushing the boundaries more and more in all forms of human activity just to obtain video footage to feed you tube and we all have seen videos where the risk taken was definitely not worth the reward.

In fact watching these goons is one of my main sources of entertainment!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version