General Category > Active Polls

Where do YOU see OzSTOC in the future.

(1/26) > >>

ST2UP:

I am opening a new poll that we at the pointy end of OzSTOC would really appreciate your collective opinions and feedback.

When the club as a whole was first appraised that Diesel and Streak were stepping down from the clubs leadership’s roles and a new team would be stepping into the management position I stated that I believed it was the passion of the members that gave OzSTOC its direction. The club has developed and been able to project its own momentum driven by our members in the past, and will continue into the future. Saaz, Pockey and I are merely a guiding hand to keep us from straying off our course.

As you are all aware the Honda ST1300 is no longer available to purchase new in this country, and if the ST1300 long Gevity is anywhere near the lifespan of the venerable  ST1100 we will see ST's on the road and in the club for many years to come.

This poll is all about your thoughts on future proofing our club OzSTOC.

So would you like to see OzSTOC remain purposely only Honda ST motorcycle specific OR do you believe there is scope in our future to evolve into the Australian Sports Touring Owners Club (OzSTOC)?. This would also potentially give owners of other brands of "Sports Touring" motorcycles a club outlet based on the proven mantra of our club as it exists today.

As a club we already encourage other riders and pillions regardless of their motorcycle of choice to participate on our forum and attend our RTE's.....we are talking about giving these people, members a club they can call there own with the opening of the doors to ALL "Sports Touring" motorcycles regardless of manufacturer. Naturally all of the current forum format with ST specific information would continue in a similar way, we would merely a lot other manufacturers "Sports Touring" motorcycles sections within the forum and possible bring on board a forum moderator to moderate that particular brand of motorcycle section. I.e. Saaz may moderate the Triumph Trophy section etc.

Just a few of the "Sports Touring" motorcycles we may be targeting are the FJR's, GTR's, Wings, Trophy, BMW's etc......we are bring this topic up for discussion as we have lost members in the past who for various reasons moved away from the social aspect of our club as they no longer where ST riding members.

This poll is to further enhance the future directions that YOU as a member of OzSTOC would like to see your club take, we ask that you not only participate in this active poll but leave constructive feedback as you wish so we can collate this information.

I have asked our moderation team and previous leadership members to not post their collective thoughts on this important subject at this time so as to not influence the direction this subject may take and let the data collected reflect what our members believe our club direction should be.

Cheers..

Chris

spanner:
This is really hard to answer.

I LOVE that this is a site dedicated to the ST's. It feels like I have a home and family as everything is geared towards the STeed I have come to love.

BUT.....

and there is always a but isnt there.....

I understand the need and desire to be inclusive as we already are.

Maybe we could as suggested have the OzSTOC (sports touring) as the over arching body but with well defined sub sections that allow each brand (including the ST's) to have their own 'dormitory' where they can doing their weird things that arn't ST related.

I do like the thoughts of making this a future proof process and I am assuming we are not looking to do this in the very near future but are looking at a longer term vision.

One thing I dont want to see though is a club where (like on the FJR forum) people start slaging each other off.  The harmony we have on this forum is amazing and if it means we start to loose this civility then we will need to revisit and reassess the situation.

thats my short and not well thought out response at this stage.

I reserve the right to change my mind COMPLETLY if I so choose.    :p

ST2UP:
*NB* you won't be able to see the Poll votes until you have voted.....most votes doesn't necessarily give us our direction but it does show us what members are thinking as we move ahead.

Cheers

alans1100:
I will decline to vote until I give it more thought.

Until then..........The "ST" in OzStoc does leave room for other bikes that come under the ST classification but I would hope for a more touring related side than sport.

At the moment the club only requires an interest in STs without even owning one; or any other bike for that matter so going that little bit further shouldn't matter much.

I do have membership (as some others also do) with www.my-mc-phoenix.com and though open to all makes (each with their own section) and models of bikes it's only the 1100 (more so) and 1300 owners that are more involved.

rally:
 :rd13 :rd13 :rd13
Hi Chaps,

I am ashamed that HONDA has not given us somewhere to go from our FANTASTIC touring sport Bikes and seem to be going in the way of offering AMERICAN style bikes which have NO PLACE in Australia as tourers.  Harley style copies,  Shame Honda Shame..

Rally

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version