General Category > Active Polls

NEW POLL - Helmet laws...

(1/3) > >>

Diesel:
This one is bound to be a little controversial folks, but everyone's opinion is worth the same amount whether you agree or not.

Vote YES if you'd support being able to wear NO helmet; OR

NO if you believe we MUST wear helmets every time we ride.

I believe a lot of M/C friends we have here today are alive because of helmets, and I'm voting NO to keep the current legislation.

I must agree though, it would be fantastic to ride in T-shirt, shorts, thongs and sunnies on a 30 degree day if safety was not an issue.

Has the helmet law ALWAYS been compulsory in this country?

Cheers, Diesel

royst1100:
have had the need to use the lid on numerus ocasions saveing my scull at the age of 17 still on Ls- to jaw and side of head later in life plus other minor incidents. the thought of being free is great BUT "get into car turn key, adjust music, SEATBELT, gears then go"isnt it the same automatic sequence for bikes

no not always. nsw had exeptions by medical resons at one stage but not shaw about now

Dan:
I'd rather the powers that be spent their time legalising filtering than looking in to this.

Personally, I wouldn't ride without a lid even if I could.

alans1100:
Before I got my licence in SA all those years ago it was possible to ride a bike at 15mph (24kph) or under without a helmet. Some time during the change over to metric the rule was removed. Since I also live on a street corner with access to my back yard as well I will ride the bike around the corner and into the back yard without helmet.

Otherwise it's helmet on.

We didn't have helmets for pushbikes either and that changed as well, maybe about the same time as above.

bobSTer:
 :hatwave

This is where the age shows through.

With my L's and Licence - how great it was to be able to attain and sustain 85-120 MPH without even a thought for a lid.

Wind in  the hair - straining to keep the mouth and cheeks as one - in one piece that is - without the cheeks wanting too fold back and the wind trying to rip your tonsils out.

It was great - no thought of safety - only Mr Plod has to wear a HELMET and you both waved as you passed.

However NOW - with all the idiots in tin tops - the Helmet is a must - NO OTHER WAY.

Bob

:beer
 :dred11

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version