Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Cams, Cam Mounts, Editing Software...

GPS Mount fabricated for ST1300

<< < (3/3)

zevk:
I have modified my home made Universal GPS mount as it was not exactly at the angle i wanted and had a bit of vibration.

Instead of a Vertical mounting position (using flat aluminium) for the ball I used 90 deg angle aluminium and achieved a Horizontal mount.

Now I have better range of vertical and lateral movement as well as solid stability with no vibration.

as always, pictures explain better than words

zevk:
Despite my best efforts i can't get the home made GPS mount to stop vibrating. It's only slight, but enough to make it difficult to see at some speeds
I purchased the RAM mount  from "Johnny Appleseed” 92 St Kilda road, St Kilda , they are the dealers for RAM mount and many other GPS accessories.

The hardware is very sturdy and well made, not flimsy plastic.
I have bolted it to the clutch reservoir and applied heavy duty, double sided, 20 kg rated 3M tape.
They do have a flat base mount that would fit completely over the clutch reservoir cover, but it was $45 and out of stock.

I have the universal GPS waterproof case mounted to the RAM ball and will trial it this way.
A custom made clip in / clip out (but not weatherproof) holder is available for my TOMTOM XL for $20 if needed.

I added the invoice with SKU numbers to make it easy for you all, as well as the website below!  :thumbs

https://jg-px.rtrk.com.au/RAM-Mounts/RAM-B-Size

Brock:
Of course, you could have just got one of these

Ram-B-346U

zevk:
"They do have a flat base mount that would fit completely over the clutch reservoir cover, but it was $45 and out of stock"

Note to Brock, as mentioned above...

Williamson:

--- Quote from: zevk on April 18, 2015, 06:23:35 PM ---....... They do have a flat base mount that would fit completely over the clutch reservoir cover, but it was $45 and out of stock.....
--- End quote ---

I have some assorted ram mount bits and pieces (which I have accumulated in recent years through a trial and error process).  If you want to try before you buy, you (and anyone else in Melbourne, or even interstate but I don't think the postage charges would make it viable) is welcome to a short-term loan.

If you are interested, send me a PM, we can exchange 'phone no.s and make some loan arrangements.

--- Quote from: zevk on April 18, 2015, 06:23:35 PM ---....... They do have a flat base mount that would fit completely over the clutch reservoir cover, but it was $45 and out of stock.....
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Brock on April 18, 2015, 06:49:36 PM ---
Of course, you could have just got one of them.

Ram-B-346U

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I have a spare one of these.

Cheers,  Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version