Honda ST1300 Section > Suspension ST1300

ST1300 fork seals

(1/3) > >>

Grumpy:
Has anyone had a problem with their fork seals only lasting about 2000 kms before leaking? This is happening to a mate of mine's 1300. It has been to the 'local' bike guy to be remedied, but keeps happening.

Thanks in advance

Brock:
I think he needs a new mechanic, only 2000Ks is ridiculous.

alans1100:
When I booked my 1100 in for the fork seals I was asked if I wanted the fork bushes and guides done as well. I guess with the up and down movement they will wear over time so after 16 years they got done.

Item 16 and 17 will give you an idea http://www.st-1100.com/st1100-parts-fiche-front-fork-st1100ax.html

I doubt if the 1300 forks are that different in design. Just wondering if excess wear on the guides are causing the seals to fail sooner than they should.

saaz:
I hope the stanchions have been checked for nicks. Make sure the mechanic is putting in the right volume of oil, as overfill will do this. Streak just had the same issue after the same distance, so worth asking what the problem was when it is fixed.

Grumpy:
Thanks for the replies guys. My research has popped up the same idea. I don't believe that the bushes have been checked and it is very possible that it has been overfilled. He is going to get it all done by a different mechanic and see how it goes then.

Thanks again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version