Author Topic: My older Aldi Action Cam  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Rodd

• Maryborough, QLD
My older Aldi Action Cam
« on: November 27, 2013, 10:29:16 PM »
I have had this for a while now. It takes videos in full HD and can take a 32gb card. It's waterproof, has LED and infrared lighting.. and it was cheap.. so I'm not too worried if it gets knocked, lost, or knocked off. The clarity and wide angle lens works well. The colour balance is a bit iffy sometimes.

Just hooked it up to the ST for the ride to Kenilworth (while the tip-over cover is off).

Offline sargent

• Every days a new adventure
  • Legendary Member
  • ST Rider - Collector, NSW
Re: My older Aldi Action Cam
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 08:49:02 AM »
Post up the vid when you return
Robert - White ST1100P (they're just better)

Offline Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 09:20:14 AM »
Need full report on this... also if you do a review let me know and I'll post up on the OZSTOC youtube site

Offline Rodd

• Maryborough, QLD
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 04:18:07 PM »
I meant to post this second photo yesterday but the p'bucket site was playing up.

The mount supplied with the camera had a flimsy clip that attached the camera to the mount.. and the camera wobbled on the mount.. The attachment part broke so I modified the mount so that I could attach the camera with 4 small cables ties. It's a simple mod but now the camera is ffirmly attached to the mount and doesn't wobble, but it can still be 'panned' (to adjust direction). Also, the camera has a vibrate feedback system (like a phone) that works when you press the button and to let you know what it's doing. The vibrate is amplified via the bike frame and is much more noticeable.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:23:24 PM by Rodd »