Honda ST1100 Section > "How To..." Instructions and Pics for Regular Maintenance Jobs specific to the ST1100...

Flashing brake lights.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jdbiker:
Thanks all for replies, think I'll go down the solid path, not keen on upsetting  :cop.

Bikebear:
I've got an additional pair of bright red leds mounted under my topbox that flash 5 times then come on solid. I've had police behind me many times when I've braked and they haven't batted an eyelid. In fact many people have commented that they really grabbed their attention when I was braking. The original brakelight works as per normal.
Dunno whether they are legal or not but they've been there for years now and no-one has ever had a problem with them.

JuST Peter:

--- Quote from: Bikebear on February 28, 2017, 10:14:30 PM ---I've got an additional pair of bright red leds mounted under my topbox that flash 5 times then come on solid. I've had police behind me many times when I've braked and they haven't batted an eyelid. In fact many people have commented that they really grabbed their attention when I was braking. The original brakelight works as per normal.
Dunno whether they are legal or not but they've been there for years now and no-one has ever had a problem with them.

--- End quote ---
No one in their right mind would be game to argue that they're a distraction. I think they're a good thing.
I tried putting one of my own tailBlazers on recently but couldn't isolate/locate the brake wires - I'll have another go soon

JuST Peter:

--- Quote from: Jdbiker on February 28, 2017, 04:31:41 PM ---Thanks all for replies, think I'll go down the solid path, not keen on upsetting  :cop.

--- End quote ---
JD, if it helps you not being rear ended, I'd go for it - you can always argue that they're safety related

Sicman:
This is how I did mine JDBiker - They are brilliant at getting drivers to notice you brake. I reckon they have saved many a rear ender from inattentive drivers. They are legal in NSW.

http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=9049.0

:slvr13 :slvr13

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version