Honda ST1300 Section > "How To..." Instructions and Pics for Regular Maintenance Jobs specific to the ST1300...

TYRE REPAIR

(1/4) > >>

Draco (Heartbreak Kid):
 :blu13 The Sunday just gone Diesel's farewell RTE, I rode to Sandstone Point hotel for lunch with everyone, then decided to go for a short ride to Esk and back before putting the Blue Beast to bed.
The next morning I awoke and went to the shed, jumped on my Beast and felt a sinking feeling, first i thought rear shock had collapsed, closer inspection revealed a FLAT tyre.
I carefully moved bike to Shiney's shed pumped the tyre up to 42 then heard the hissing sound, turned the wheel inspecting and found this...

It went in head first

I pulled it out then messaged Shiney, who was out. He said we can fix it when i get home

When he arrived home he bought out this..

http://www.stopngo.com/

How To Begins

First use the rasping tool to clean the hole and make a clean area

Screw the cap on the spiked tool

Push the tool into the hole in the tyre (making sure the stem of the cap is inside the tyre) then unscrew the spiked tool and remove it leaving the cap in the tyre

Put a plug in the loading tool

Screw the loading tool on to the cap

Screw the end of the loading tool in with the Allen Key (hex head) until comes against resistance (be sure its all the way in)

Now pull the whole mechanism out of the tyre (this will leave the end of the plug sticking out)
Pull on the end of the plug with pliers or a gripping tool of sorts to force the plug hard up against the inside of the tyre wall.

With the sharp blade (supplied) or one of choice, slice the remainder of the plug flush with the tyre rubber.

Finally inflate to 42 psi and check for any signs of leakage. If none... continue on your ride :thumbs

Thanks for having this kit Shiney AND letting me test it  :-++ :grin  :blu13left

RESULT...Excellent and easy to use.. :like

Cheers
Draco

Shiney:
I was just happy to help mate, thanks for putting up the How To :hatwave

This was actually a good chance for me to see what the kit was like to use (I haven't had to use one before)
Turns out it is very easy and shouldn't be to hard to do on the side of the road, it's a good kit :grin

Cheers
Shiney

ST2UP:
I have the same kit and have used it twice now, the first time on the bike and it worked a treat.

The second time on a 4x4 H/T tyre and it simply didn't have the strength to push the mushroom between the cords and I reverted to a traditional car tyre repair kit the complete the job.....this was only one case mind you so don't consider my finding well researched and proven......just didn't work for me at the time.

Thanks for posting Draco  :like

Brock:
A very similar how to is on here some where. I will have to make a new thread and make it sticky.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53770433/FlatFix.PDF

Draco (Heartbreak Kid):
Nice Brock....So it's not advisable for 120+kph?? Ooops better slow down.
Thanks for that :) ;)

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version