Honda ST1300 Section > "How To..." Instructions and Pics for Regular Maintenance Jobs specific to the ST1300...

Adjust gearshift pedal height (ST1300)

(1/4) > >>

Shiney:
I just brought some new motorcycle boots and found that due to the shape of them I needed to raise the gearshift leaver so my boot would fit under it :fp
And so was born the following How To...  :grin

In this How To I'll be covering how to move the gearshift pedal up (or down) as required on the ST1300 :thumbsup

1    Put the bike on the side stand
(This will raise the break pedal side where the adjustment will be made)

2    Remove the black plastic lower faring that runs along the bike under the break pedal

* Remove the push pins from the lower faring under the front of the bike

* Remove the push pin from the lower faring above the break pedal (Screw type on the ST1300P)

* Remove the hex bolts along the side of the lower faring
(Make sure to keep them in order as they aren't all the same length)

3   Place the lower faring to the side out of the way

Now we can access where the gearshift pedal link arm connects to the gearshift spindle

(The pic below is a photo from under the bike to give a better look at what we are working with :thumb)

4    Mark where the gearshift pedal link arm connects to the gearshift spindle to give us a point of reference for the adjustment (I used a whiteout pen :wink1)

5    Remove the 10mm bolt from the gearshift pedal link arm

6    Wiggle the gearshift pedal link arm off the gearshift spindle then place it back on with the lines we made earlier misaligned. (Counterclockwise to raise the gearshift / Clockwise to lower)

* NOTE: If you are having difficulty moving the gearshift pedal link arm off the gearshift spindle use a flat head screwdriver to widen the gap shown in the pic below

7    Now sit on the bike and test the new height of the gearshift (make any adjustments needed to get it into a position you are happy with)

Before

After

8    When you are happy with the position reinstall the 10 mm bolt then reinstall the black plastic lower faring.

9    Go for a test ride :runyay

I hope this is of some help to you all

Cheers
Shiney

Biggles:
A good "how to" with excellent photos.  Many thanks.
And I suspect you had a major clean of the area, since it ain't natural for the underside to be that clean (except for you-know-who).  :whistle

Brian:
 :well

Skip:
I have a mate who details the underside of his SS Dunnydore before he takes it in for a service. He reckons they treat his car with respect because he keeps it immaculate. I admire his commitment. And his name is NOT you know who.  :grin

Shiney:
Thanks Biggles :hatwave
The secret to it being so clean is that it's still a fairly new bike (just a little over 12000 km on the clock :eek)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version