Honda ST1100 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1100

Do you still run the original tyre valve stems on your ST1100?

(1/3) > >>

Wayne'o:

I was very surprised when I recently bought my first ST1100, with 96K on the clock, that it was still running the
factory original valve stems. I would have thought that at some time during one of its many new tyre swaps, the
owner may have opted to fit 90degree stems to help with checking pressures. I bloody hate tyre valves on bikes
that just make it so difficult to check and adjust tyre pressures when it is such a critical part of motorcycling.

What have you got ? I previously used on another bike, the screw on 90 degree extensions which remained on all
the time. I read somewhere that the screw on one's should only be used to check pressures +/- and then unscrew
them. I can understand this but I never had  a problem.

What  works for you?

cheers and happy travels

Wayne

:dred11

richo:
I had the 90 degree valves put on a couple of sets of tyres ago.  Makes life a lot simpler. 

Wayne'o:

It sure does Richo. Had them on my  previous bike and disappointed that the 'newie' has the old
straight ones, especially as it has just had new tyres fitted. It would have been the perfect time to
fit them.

cheers and thanks for responding

Wayne

:dred11

Bodø:

--- Quote from: richo on July 09, 2018, 06:31:04 PM ---I had the 90 degree valves put on a couple of sets of tyres ago.  Makes life a lot simpler.

--- End quote ---

Me too.  They are the dog's bollocks.

johnnyYTED:
 :blk13 :dred11
STranger my 1998 ST1100 has had them for ,, I cant remember its been sooo long. STrangler my 08 ST1300 has 1 in the front as I just replaced the front tyre, when in Tasmania earlier this year and I HAD to have the rear tyre done the shop didnt have angled nipples so the rear will be done when I next replace the rear tyre. I have 1 waiting.. :eek

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version