Author Topic: First tuppaware party  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Calsonic

• Jericho Productions
First tuppaware party
« on: May 20, 2020, 05:12:36 PM »
Hey all,

I've had my ST for about a month now and thanks to mild restrictions lifting I have managed to clock up about 500km since buying it.

As I work in the entertainment industry, I have been out of work since March 11th. Thankfully Jobkeeper has been a blessing.

So with all this time on my hands, today I decided to do a full service of my bike and change every bit of oil I could just so I knew when it was done. So, time to remove the plastics. What a job. I'm certainly glad I don't have to do that too often. As has been the case ever since I was old enough to work on cars and bikes, I managed to have 3 screws left over :thumbs  I'm sure I'll discover where they go the next time I pull the plastics off.

So that took me most of the day to do the brakes, clutch, engine and final drive but I'm pretty happy that its done.
Not overly happy I have 3 screws left  :||||

My next project will be to run power cable from the battery to somewhere behind the dash where I can use it to connect accessories. I'd like to run this power through a relay that is triggered when I turn the key on so that power is automatically switched off from any accessories when the bike is off.

Looking forward to meeting some of you soon when RTE's are going again.

Cheers

Calsonic...
Honda ST1100A :bl11
Suzuki GT750
Yamaha XS250
Kawasaki Z400

The following users thanked this post: Kev Murphy, Jdbiker

Online Brookester

• Brookester
  • ST Legend
Re: First tuppaware party
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 05:27:25 PM »
There are some stencils on here for tupperware removal to avoid the 'surplus' bits....and I am about to fit a Fuzeblock to mine as I have done on 5 previous bikes..a few $$$ but have never failed me and easy as to install.
Now that you've done yours you're welcome to a couple of days in NW Qld where there 2 in the shed begging for such treatment...
One day you will wake up and there won't be anymore time to do the things you've always wanted so do them NOW!!!
Remember there are 7 days in a week and Someday isn't one of them!

The following users thanked this post: RubenCan, Jdbiker, Calsonic

Online Williamson

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 05:50:38 PM »
I had all the fairing removed when fitting a new speed sensor.  Only some RHS was recommended, but what the heck, took off LHS and gave the ST a good scrub.

Also took the opportunity to mount a wiring junction to tidy-up progressively installed, messy wiring for heated grips, GPS, and a 12v power outlet to operate through an ignition activated relay.  Everything worked okay before re-assembley, but alas, only grips and GPS are currently powered.  I'm sure it's a simple fix, will get back to it soon.

I also have a USB connected directly (through a fuse) to the battery so as I can charge the mobile phone.  This is very handy when camping.

Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

Offline RubenCan

• Tipovers = 3.
  • Legendary Member
  • 1992 ST 1100
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 06:34:22 PM »
There are some stencils on here for tupperware removal to avoid the 'surplus' bits....and I am about to fit a Fuzeblock to mine as I have done on 5 previous bikes..a few $$$ but have never failed me and easy as to install.
Now that you've done yours you're welcome to a couple of days in NW Qld where there 2 in the shed begging for such treatment...

Hi Calsonic,
As Brookester said, I have also installed a Fuzeblock under the rear cowling and run all the accessories from there. Very easy to change from switched to unswitched, replace fuses and add extra accessories. I ran a thicker gauge wire to the battery without any fuses in between so it became an extension of the battery.
I have Fuzeblocks in my three bikes and swear by them.
Ruben
 :dred11   :blu13  :
1st Bike - 1980 Honda CB250N
2nd Bike - 1978 Suzuki GS750
3rd Bike - The current STeed 1992 ST1100
4th Bike - Also current Steed 2015 F6B
5th Bike - Also current STeed 2005 ST1300
Ulysses # 61761 StGeorge Sutherland Branch
OZSToc # 145

The following users thanked this post: Brookester, Calsonic

Offline Calsonic

• Jericho Productions
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 07:14:32 PM »
Looks like a Fuzeblock is on the shopping list then. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look them up and put it on the wish list.
At this stage I just want to connect my phone holder so my phone charges when using the GPS.

Not sure NW QLD is within my 150Km radius right now :-) You may have to find time to do them yourself  Brookester :thumbs

Now to go see what this thing is going to cost me now  :CB--

cheers

Calsonic
Honda ST1100A :bl11
Suzuki GT750
Yamaha XS250
Kawasaki Z400

The following users thanked this post: Brookester