Author Topic: broken LHS crashbar cover  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Mypod

broken LHS crashbar cover
« on: January 31, 2018, 01:55:35 PM »
After 5 years of riding the best bike I've ever known I dropped her  :-[. Nothing serious...just to casual about putting the side-stand down and realizing it wasn't all the way down when the bike kept going over...so stupid of me. Still, the crash bar worked, saved the LHS mirror/indicator and even the pannier survived with hardly a scratch, but cracked the plastic cover that goes over the crash bar. The biggest injury was to my pride (thankfully no one was around to see me though, lol)...and I know i can pick her back up again now (always wondered if i could do it)
So...i was wondering if anyone had a spare crash bar cover (grey in colour) for the left side?
Peter
Heaven might not be on earth...but riding sure does come close
Suzuki TS185ER
Suzuki GSX750
Suzuki GSX750EF
Honda ST1100PY 2005

Offline John g

• ST 1100.
Re: broken LHS crashbar cover
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 10:03:24 PM »
  :bl11. Hi my pod ,your story on how you dropped your bike is identical to mine .it all happened so quick I thought I put the side stand down all the way but I didn't .Down it came but luckily didn't break anything except the l/h engine cover.You can get a new one from your honda dealer for around $40 dollars   I think the part no is 64261-mt3-000za.Unlike you I needed a hand to get my bike up again!
John  g

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
Re: broken LHS crashbar cover
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 01:42:39 AM »
Your local dealer for a new one unless you can find one off of a wrecked bike.

These are standard on all ST1100s and the part number and price John quoted would be on par with maybe the freight cost the variable.

Due to a minor roo strike a few years ago and lost the LF wing cover (went with the roo) and had to replace it. I bought both sides so the colours matched.
1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1