Author Topic: ChatGPT  (Read 475 times)

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
ChatGPT
« on: February 13, 2023, 05:07:58 PM »
I decided to seek the AI's opinion on the ST1300.  Here's the reply.

As a language model AI, I don't have personal opinions or emotions, but I can provide information and data. The Honda ST1300 is a sport touring motorcycle that was first introduced in 2003. It is known for its smooth power delivery, comfortable riding position, and impressive handling capabilities. The bike has received positive reviews from many riders and is considered to be a reliable and capable motorcycle for long distance touring. The ST1300 has been discontinued in North America but is still available in other markets.

The program then asked how I would have replied, so I added a few ideas.  This was its reply when I resubmitted my question:

The Honda ST1300 is a sport-touring motorcycle that was produced from 2002 to 2016. It is known for its comfort and long-distance capability, making it a popular choice among riders who enjoy touring and long-distance riding. The motorcycle has a powerful V-4 engine, providing good acceleration and power. The ST1300 also features a comfortable and adjustable riding position, making it easy for riders to find a comfortable fit. Additionally, it has a large and convenient storage area, making it a good choice for riders who need to carry luggage on their trips.
Overall, the Honda ST1300 is generally well-regarded by riders and is considered a reliable and capable sport-touring motorcycle.

So you can see how effective the machine learning is.  They have literally fed this thing the whole internet, so it can answer any question comprehensively.  Interestingly, it is quite "woke" reflecting its developer's attitudes.  To avoid controversy, I'll let you ask a question that might upset "lefties".  You may have to register with Open AI.  Don't be shy.  They already know all about you!   :grin
https://chat.openai.com/chat
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

The following users thanked this post: Gerard & Sandra, Jdbiker, ruSTynutz

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
Re: ChatGPT
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 05:14:08 PM »
Here's another m/c based question.  Note how thorough and accurate the answer is, complete with a final disclaimer:

How can I improve my U-turns on my motorcycle?

Improving your U-turns on a motorcycle can be achieved through practice and proper technique. Here are some tips that may help:

1. Choose an open and relatively flat area with plenty of space to maneuver.

2. Begin by practicing at low speeds. As you become more comfortable and confident, you can gradually increase your speed.

3. Approach the U-turn slowly, using your brakes to reduce your speed if necessary.

4. Look through the turn to where you want to go. This will help you judge the radius of the turn and ensure you are turning in the right direction.

5. Use a smooth and controlled steering input to initiate the turn.

6. Lean your body in the direction of the turn, and use your feet to balance the motorcycle.

7. As you reach the midpoint of the turn, apply a small amount of throttle to help the motorcycle pivot around the turn.

8. As you exit the turn, straighten the motorcycle and return to a upright position.

Remember to always ride within your limits, and take breaks if you become tired or overwhelmed. With practice, you'll be able to make smooth and controlled U-turns on your motorcycle.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

The following users thanked this post: Gerard & Sandra, ruSTynutz

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 05:27:04 PM »
The Spectator summed up its characteristics nicely:

To be fair, the purpose of ChatGPT is not to adjudicate the political issues of the day but to instantly synthesise and summarise vast reams of knowledge in a comprehensible, human-like fashion. This task it often fulfils admirably. Ask it to explain Pythagoras’ theorem, summarise the Battle of the Bulge, write a recipe for tomato chutney with an Asian twist, or provide 20 key Scriptures that teach Christ’s divinity and you will be impressed. You will likely find some of its answers more helpful than your favourite search engine.

But ask it about white people, transgenderism, climate change, Anthony Fauci or unchecked immigration and you will probably get the same progressive talking points you might expect to hear in a San Francisco cafe.

A timely reminder indeed to not outsource your brain to robots.

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, ruSTynutz, Dragonstaff

Online Williamson

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 05:38:14 PM »
Well isn't it very clever ....

With a sleek and powerful grace,
The Honda ST1300 takes its place,
On the open road, it comes alive,
Its engine purrs, it will survive.

With a touring heart and a sporty soul,
It's built for comfort, it's built for roll,
It's the perfect blend of speed and class,
It's a true motorcycle, it will surpass.

From the city streets to the winding roads,
The ST1300 carries heavy loads,
With its aerodynamic design,
It cuts through the wind like a knife.

It's a motorcycle that's built to last,
With a strong frame and a sturdy cast,
It's a machine that's built with care,
For the rider who demands to be fair.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride,
With the Honda ST1300 by your side,
With its speed and power, you'll be bold,
You'll conquer the road, young and old.
Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

The following users thanked this post: ruSTynutz

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 02:11:41 PM »
So you asked for a poem!
And you got doggerel, which was OK as far as it went, until it slipped a cog:  "With the Honda ST1300 by your side,"
You could feedback: "With the Honda ST1300 as your ride," and that would develop its artificial intelligence.

Online Williamson

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 02:17:52 PM »
... that would develop its artificial intelligence.

Do we really want it to develop?
Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

Offline mikan13

• STrueth
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2023, 08:35:58 AM »
What you have to keep in mind ChatGPT was uploaded with very limited data so yes it's answers can seem one dimensional or following a certain political and ethical path, but remember this is FREE yep FREE if this is being given away for FREE just imagine what is now lurking behind closed doors and if it is given all the knowledge we currently possess what will ChatGPT 2.0 or even 3.0 be capable of.
Bikes so far
Yamaha DT360
Yamaha DT250
Yamaha IT250D
Suzuki GS750
Honda CT110 Postie Bike Challenge 2012
Honda ST1100

FarRider #773
GTR       # 5

Online ruSTynutz

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
    • "Destined to Drive" Driving School
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 09:22:28 AM »

2005 Honda ST1300A

The following users thanked this post: mikan13

Offline mikan13

• STrueth
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 10:57:59 AM »
Who said movies don't imitate real life!!
Bikes so far
Yamaha DT360
Yamaha DT250
Yamaha IT250D
Suzuki GS750
Honda ST1100

FarRider #773
GTR       # 5

Offline mikan13

• STrueth
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 11:07:44 AM »
Good or bad ChatGPT knows of the T2 Terminator.. run for your lives we are all doomed....

Me question :-  What motorcycle did the Terminator T2 ride

ChatGPT answer:- In the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day, the character played by Arnold Schwarzenegger, also known as the Terminator, rode a Harley-Davidson Fat Boy motorcycle. The motorcycle was customized specifically for the movie with a number of modifications, including a shotgun holster and a custom paint job. The motorcycle became an iconic part of the movie and has since become closely associated with the Terminator character.
Bikes so far
Yamaha DT360
Yamaha DT250
Yamaha IT250D
Suzuki GS750
Honda ST1100

FarRider #773
GTR       # 5