Author Topic: Radiator hoses  (Read 1812 times)

Offline nate

• Old skool
Radiator hoses
« on: February 24, 2014, 06:53:51 AM »
Ok guys, after a few frustrating moments, I've found the issue with my overheating.  Can anyone recommend a place in Brissy to get some radiator hoses for the ST1100. Is it the type of thing that supercrap have or am I going to have to chat to one of the honda dealer boys?  I know I could get em cheaper online, but have a day off today so I can get him fixed.

Yep a bit of a dumb question I know, but when you've been away for a while, all the people you know from before have moved on, etc, it kinda makes it painful.

Thanks again guys, most helpful lot you are!

Cheers
Nate
Nate (Nathan)
 :blk11

"You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding."

Offline Abe

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • 4D Gang Member
Re: Radiator hoses
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 07:26:53 AM »
Hi Nate, not a dumb question at all.

On my 1100 it is fitted with radiator hose from Repco/Supercheap etc.  From memory there is one/two hose/s that may need to be original.

Just do a "search" on this forum or try http://www.st-owners.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-11628.html

Other will chime in soon, no doubt.
At my age " getting lucky" is remembering what I came in the room for ;)

:wht13      Cheers Dave
Member of the 4 D Gang

Offline saaz

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Canberra ACT
Re: Radiator hoses
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:11:25 AM »
I had trouble trying the match the top and bottom radiator hoses, so in the end went for the Honda OEM. All other hoses  can be replaced with generic heater hoses, which are also thicker.  Just carefully route them.  For the smaller bypass hose that goes up to the thermostat housing I used some EFI hose that is pressure and heat rated, otherwise used some small heater hose.
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others