Author Topic: 2019-12-14 Middleton Ride To Eat  (Read 1067 times)

2019-12-14 Middleton Ride To Eat
« on: December 14, 2019, 05:24:53 PM »
Only a short one by my standards.  First task of the day was to walk to my wife's house and drive her and the kids to the airport as they make their annual pilgramage to Japan, then return the car, walk back home before getting on the bike.  That scruff that started growing in the Tasmanian wilderness is getting out of hand now.

There is still a bit of color in the leaves now, but the jacarandas have lost their purple.  I think I missed them this year as I was on the apple island.

This is the first time I have been able to ride to the front side of the Big Buddah at Sellicks Hill.  Usually when I am out that way it's early in the morning and isn't open.

Minutes later I passed the big cherries at Pages Flat.  They are looking a bit worse for wear.

I then took the 'notorious' Victor Harbor Road to Middleton.  It was quite chilly at the beach but these guys didn't seem to mind.

Whilst I was there I heard the Cockle Train go by but wasn't in the position to photograph it.  Then I made my way to the Middleton Tavern, venue for today's RTE.  After parking up I saw new member Redsparrow ride by and thinking he may have parked on the other side went for a walk around the building.

No sign of him so I don't know know where he went.  Stinky Pete was the next to arrive and whilst we were talking Redsparrow rode past again so then Pete went for a walk to the other car park.  Still no sign of him.  He probably got confused as there were no ST's there.

He did eventually come back and one by one other Ozstocers rocked up and after a bit of chit chat we went in for lunch.  My lunch was good.  I went to one of their specials, Hot Sri Lankan curry.  Even by my standards it was hot.

The ride home was pretty straight with no stopping for photos and a rare RTE done on less than one tank of fuel.  I'm looking forward to Hindmarsh Island next month.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 08:46:07 AM by Bodø »

The following users thanked this post: Kev Murphy, Jdbiker, John g, ruSTynutz

Offline Shillas

• SA NatRally 2022
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Better Red than Dead
Re: 2019-12-14 Middleton Ride To Eat
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 06:05:58 PM »
Thanks for the report, group pictures downloaded and up on Facebook.
Shillas :13Candy

CB 125 - long gone
RD 200 - long gone
CB 250T - long gone
XJ 650 - reasonably long gone
XV 750 - reasonably long gone
VN 800 - gone
ST 1100 - recently gone
ST 1300 - In the garage

Bodø

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 07:32:24 PM »
Thanks for the report, group pictures downloaded and up on Facebook.

After being off facebook for almost a year now I created an account just last week and joined the group again.

Offline richo

• Richo
  • Legendary Member
  • ST 2009
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 07:43:38 AM »
Great report again.   It was a brilliant day for a ride I am sorry I missed this ride
Richo