Author Topic: A couple of Sydneysiders visiting Tassie in February  (Read 10585 times)

Offline Dick B "Yewie"

• Sydney NSW
  • Switched to a 2015 Yamaha Tracer
A couple of Sydneysiders visiting Tassie in February
« on: January 28, 2012, 08:36:27 PM »
Greetings to the OZSTOC Tassie gang. My wife Ros and I are heading for Tassie (out of Sydney) in February and will be riding around the island for a couple of weeks. Anyone interested in catching up for coffee ?. I can email our itinerary.
Cheers Dick B
 :rd13

"Yewie"

Offline Dick B "Yewie"

• Sydney NSW
Re: A couple of Sydneysiders visiting Tassie in February
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »
That's great Kev. We carry our trusty Netbook with us on the ST so we will keep tuned in.
Cheers
Dick B  :rd13 
"Yewie"

Offline Dick B "Yewie"

• Sydney NSW
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »
Hi Kev,
We will be staying in New Norfolk on Friday, Saturday and Sunday 17,18 & 19 February. From what I gather from our new you-beaut Member Map, this is not too far from you and this is the closest we get. Our plan is to base ourselves there for three days and sully forth each day to sample some of the great local roads you keep talking about. Maybe there is a chance in there somewhere for us to meet up and say G'day. (Our other "bases" will be Launceston, Binalong Bay, Strahan, Cradle Mountain and Devonport.)
Cheers
"Yewie"

Offline Sim

• A ride you say? LeST go!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:36:37 PM »
Hi Dick, just read your post, and have checked your dates on my calendar... unfortunately whilst your down south, i have family commitments that week. Otherwise would have been keen. I am sure Kev can point you in the right direction and give you many the inside word on some of the best routes/roads. Cheers and Enjoy our country highways.
Sim
CBR1100XX
ST1300A '05 (sold)

Offline Dick B "Yewie"

• Sydney NSW
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:44:24 PM »
Thanks Sim,
No worries, maybe we can catch up another time.
Cheers
"Yewie"

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 08:36:36 PM »
Hi Dick :hatwave................only just read your post.  You might be a little far away for me to catch up with you, however if your plans change and you decide to head down towards Port Arthur on the Peninsula then let me know and I'll make a point of meeting up with you.

Would you mind emailing me your itinerary just in case.....................barry.bishop1@bigpond.com

Cheers,
Baz
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline Dick B "Yewie"

• Sydney NSW
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 11:09:12 PM »
Hi Kev,
Arrived back in the Big smoke today after 5,600 km's (3,600 km's in Tassie) we had a great trip in spite of the flat tyre and flat battery. It was great to meet you and we look forward to catching up with you again at the AGM in April.
Thanks again
Ros and Dick B
"Yewie"