Honda ST1300 Section > Honda ST1300 General Questions

Booster plug

<< < (2/2)

Phil Jordan:
Finding I have bit of hesitation upon take off from standstill.  Could be I need to ride it more an get used to it as I usually ride my RE Hunter 350 to work n around town. ST1300 has aftermarket cans (delkevic) stock airfilter.

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Phil Jordan on April 03, 2024, 06:00:01 PM ---Finding I have bit of hesitation upon take off from standstill.  Could be I need to ride it more an get used to it as I usually ride my RE Hunter 350 to work n around town. ST1300 has aftermarket cans (delkevic) stock airfilter.

--- End quote ---

I've ridden a few ST1300s, currently have two.  As far as I know, that's not a problem common to ST1300s.

My earlier post was leading to re-setting the ECU, this is the process (it can't do any harm, what have you got to loose?):

* Disconnect battery, leave disconnected for 20 minutes, best overnight so as engine is "cold" before next steps
* Re-connect battery
* Start engine, do not touch throttle, let it fast idle (on auto choke) until engine warms up and auto choke cuts out.
* Hit "kill switch"
* Turn off ignition
* Start engine, go for ride
* See if there is an improvement
* Re-set instrument to your preferences - can be a PIA
* Report (good or bad) back here 

Phil Jordan:
Thank you I was thinking of that reset as i had some starting issues and cleaning starter  relay connections and fuses seems to have helped.  This is after realising battery needed replacing.
Cheers

prricey:
Booster plugs are snake oil. There is an immediate change when you plug one in but then over time the ecu learns to compensate for it. Testing shows they last a few rides to a few weeks at best.

https://qcwo.com/technicaldomain/iat-resistor-mods-vs-performance-modules-vs-real-chips/

2002 ST

West Aussie Glen:
Years ago I fitted a G2 Throttle tamer which has a slightly different cam and feeds the throttle on smoother than the Honda one. https://www.g2ergo.com/shop/g2-street-stock-ratio-throttle-tube-honda/?attribute_pa_model=st1300-a-pa-03-18

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version