Author Topic: PM Lubricants- Australia's own Predictive and Preventative solution  (Read 23401 times)

Offline rocketeer

• ST Legend
Hi all

Thank you for allowing me to post in here.  As I get time I will add more information about the products and services offered by PM Lubricants.

Simply- All of PM Lubricant's products are built to the highest quality standard.   The key- is building the highest load carrying ability, or film strength, which reduces friction and has flow on effects, such as increased power, better economy, reduced wear and reduced vibrations.

PM Lubricants oils range from 10w40 to 25w60, most except Racing 50 is priced around $12 per litre, product codes as follows:

PM412LA- SAE 10w40- a full Group IV synthetic currently being run very successfully in F3 to race bikes.  Designed for 2 reasons- firstly to fill the need of manufacturers specifying low viscosity synthetics, secondly as a Low Ash oil capable of being run in Commonrail Diesels with particulate filters.

PM412 SAE15w40.  The bread and butter oil for years- proven in almost all forms of racing and some of the toughest prime movers in Australia, again currently being used in motorcycle racing.  This is what I run in almost all of my machines with noticeable power improvements, reduced vibrations and wear rates halved in oil analysis.  40,000km changes in good, clean petrol passenger vehicles, 60,000km or more in diesels, well over 100,000km in transport.  I expect upwards of 24,000km changes in ST's.

PM403 SAE 20w50.  Well proven and standard issue for air cooled, ageing vehicles from mid to late 90's and older, or those showing a little wear. 

PM408 SAE 25w60.  Commercial variant of Racing 50.  For older worn engines, cure notchy gearchanges, large bore, tough oil which has surprised many with it's ability to increase power even with heavier viscosity.

PM404 Racing 50.  SAE 25w60.  The toughest oil available. I will gladly and openly pit it against ANY oil available.  Racing 50 is becoming more and more famous amongst the guys who drive/ ride hard enough to justify using this oil.  Season after season with no measurable wear.  Unsurpassed film strength- power increases even for such a heavy oil.

This is not a complete list, but rather the oils that will be most used on here.

All oils come with PM Lubricant's free testing service- we don't want extended oil drains without the chance to test and make sure your engine is as it should be.   By all means, we have no issue with you changing at your current intervals, but once you use our products you may change your mind. 

Contact myself, or our distributors on http://pmlubricants.com.au/

Brad
0406 766 106
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:27:42 PM by rocketeer »

Offline rocketeer

• ST Legend
Re: PM Lubricants- Australia's own Predictive and Preventative solution
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 02:31:42 PM »
For letting me post in here, each order for the month of March will receive some form of bonus- such as free transport, bonus pack of PM800 fuel system conditioner, depending on order amount and where you are.  If you order through me it will be easier to keep track of, otherwise let me know which distributer is close to you and I will figure something out.

For the guys a little way from a distributor I will look after you on transport costs.

Brad

Offline tj189

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »
nice!!  :hatwave
IBA #38035
FarRider #189
Ulysses #42456

Offline scarp

• Legendary Member
  • Huntingdale, Westralia
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 06:06:33 PM »
Thanks Rockeer, I think we need to do a WA Group buy on this
FR# 431
IBA# 60317

Offline rocketeer

• ST Legend
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 06:34:56 PM »
I'm more than happy to do one, more product makes it easier to do things like free delivery.

Offline Mitch

• Legendary Member
  • Mitch
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 08:22:11 PM »
Scarp
        Count me in on a group buy for WA.  :thumbsup

:blk13
2016 KTM1290 Super Adventure
2018 HONDA NC750X

Offline scarp

• Legendary Member
  • Huntingdale, Westralia
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 09:30:10 PM »
Ok we will have to get this going
FR# 431
IBA# 60317

Offline rocketeer

• ST Legend
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 07:49:07 AM »
Thread opened for WA group buy.

PM800 fuel system conditioner. Used at a ratio of 1ml per 1 litre of petrol or diesel, this is where most fuel economy gains come from. Average 15% some so much more- ford and Holden 6 cyl tends to be instant minimum 80 km extra per tank. Cleanse the entire fuel system from the tank through injectors or cabs, valves, piston crowns, out throug h the exhaust. Removes fuel to kill diesel bug. Prevents fuel line freezing. Lubricates all moving parts including valve stems pumps and injectors combustion. Use in any internal combustion engine 2 to 4 stroke. Old lawn  equipment equipment and small engines get a new lease on life, I have a 22 year old first pull start mower which was given to me because it wouldn't start. Generators easier to start, and go notably longer between refills. $20 for 500ml which odd enough to treat 500 litres, $36 for 1 litre, $105 for 4 litres.

Offline rocketeer

• ST Legend
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 08:17:02 AM »
Hi guys, been a while- I've been so busy!  Just got back from a weekend pitting for several bikes at Morgan Park Raceway.  All bikes went back in the trailers in one piece- the only casualties were a few generators.  For some reason these guys are so pedantic about servicing their bikes- but can't remember what oil let alone if the generators were serviced, and don't check oil levels.  Unfortunately none ran PM oil, ran dry and now there's a few guys looking for replacement engines before the next meet.

PM102. SAE80w90 GL5, exceeds GL6.  Extreme pressure, high load, high heat tolerant.  Designed for fast moving gear systems requiring an extreme pressure lubricant in differentials and final drives.  I have personally seen differentials drop 30°c running temperature.  Trucks with problem diffs and double bogies find massive improvement, particularly when fitted with aerodynamic skirts.  ST Final drives- noteably reduce running temperature, reduce vibrations, and of course reduce wear.   We also specify this oil for Harley gearboxes with great success. 

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 09:56:55 AM »
G'day Brad good to see you again - glad all is well.

$20 for 500ml which odd enough to treat 500 litres, $36 for 1 litre, $105 for 4 litres.

Just did some quick maths for OzSTOC Members (all numbers are general - YMMV)......   If you normally fill up the ST with Premium '98 Octane' instead of 'regular 95 ULP' - then you could generally save $2 per tank by going back to 95 Octane ULP.

If we assume 500 litres of fuel is 20 tank fulls - then this equates to roughly $40 you are ahead - so even if you bought the above great 500ml fuel treatment for $20 (which treats 500 litres) - you may still be $20 ahead, but you also enjoy all the other benefits Brad mentioned....

... fuel economy gains .... Average 15% some so much more- ... Cleanse the entire fuel system from the tank through injectors or cabs, valves, piston crowns, out throug h the exhaust. Removes fuel to kill diesel bug. Prevents fuel line freezing. Lubricates all moving parts including valve stems pumps and injectors combustion. Use in any internal combustion engine 2 to 4 stroke.

Either way - the fuel treatment works out to be $1 per tank or there abouts.

Did I get that right Brad?

Cheers, Diesel
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:07:04 AM by Diesel »
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline rocketeer

• ST Legend
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 10:20:24 AM »
Good work diesel, yes a 500ml bottle at $20 each- about 4 cents to treat a litre of petrol, or about 80 cents for 20 litres.  Keep your bottle when it's empty because refilling from a 4 litre container pushes the cost down to about 2.5 cents to treat a litre of fuel.  You're right, buying the right octane for your bike, saving by not buying the most expensive fuel you are well ahead.  Don't forget- run the stuff in everything- lawn mower, generators, cars- dose up jerry cans that sit around for months to stop fuel going off.

I've still got a couple of prepaid express packs here that I am happy to throw bottles in to keep the cost down, if I can't catch up with you in person.

cheers

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 11:11:04 AM »

If you normally fill up the ST with Premium '98 Octane' instead of 'regular 95 ULP' - then you could generally save $2 per tank by going back to 95 Octane ULP.

In case you weren't aware, ULP is 91 (what you called regular) and Premium is 95 (PULP) and 98 is V-power (Shell), Ultimate (BP) which are the only two I can think of.
1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1

Offline Dan

• QLD
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 11:20:10 AM »
Thread opened for WA group buy.

PM800 fuel system conditioner. Used at a ratio of 1ml per 1 litre of petrol or diesel, this is where most fuel economy gains come from. Average 15% some so much more- ford and Holden 6 cyl tends to be instant minimum 80 km extra per tank. Cleanse the entire fuel system from the tank through injectors or cabs, valves, piston crowns, out throug h the exhaust. Removes fuel to kill diesel bug. Prevents fuel line freezing. Lubricates all moving parts including valve stems pumps and injectors combustion. Use in any internal combustion engine 2 to 4 stroke. Old lawn  equipment equipment and small engines get a new lease on life, I have a 22 year old first pull start mower which was given to me because it wouldn't start. Generators easier to start, and go notably longer between refills. $20 for 500ml which odd enough to treat 500 litres, $36 for 1 litre, $105 for 4 litres.

Is anyone trying this out?  I'd be interested to see if there are actual gains in fuel economy.  I guess for $20 it's not exactly a massive gamble though...

Offline rocketeer

• ST Legend
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 11:30:35 AM »
Kev, I don't think there is an active distributor in Tas at present- but I am looking, our previous guy has since retired.  If you know of someone who could stock it, please let me know. 

In the meantime if you're chasing some, make it a litre at $36 and I'll do the free delivery, expect somewhere around 5 to 10 days.

Des- I haven't yet known a vehicle not to gain economy, at worst less than a handful have taken more than 3 tanks- a blackbird was probably the one that took the longest, but had instant massive throttle response improvement.  I would like to see what improvement members get from here as well

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 11:37:43 AM »
In case you weren't aware, ULP is 91 (what you called regular) and Premium is 95 (PULP) and 98 is V-power (Shell), Ultimate (BP) which are the only two I can think of.

Thanks Alan - you are spot on - but thankfully, the theory still works.

Is anyone trying this out?  I'd be interested to see if there are actual gains in fuel economy.  I guess for $20 it's not exactly a massive gamble though...

I am Des. I am following my own above theory for cost and long term performance reasons - I will let you know my opinion after a few tanks of motion lotion.

If mileage gains are anywhere near 15% - that would mean over 600kms per tank at best!       :eek

Don't let the Sportbike or Harley boys get wind of that!!!        :p
OzSTOC Life Member

Offline rocketeer

• ST Legend
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 11:39:52 AM »
I'm looking forward to hearing.  And yes, it's great for sportsbikes- going from 180km to 240km for around 16-18 litres makes all the difference on a ride...trust me.

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 12:37:29 PM »
Kev, I don't think there is an active distributor in Tas at present- but I am looking, our previous guy has since retired.  If you know of someone who could stock it, please let me know. 

In the meantime if you're chasing some, make it a litre at $36 and I'll do the free delivery, expect somewhere around 5 to 10 days.

Des- I haven't yet known a vehicle not to gain economy, at worst less than a handful have taken more than 3 tanks- a blackbird was probably the one that took the longest, but had instant massive throttle response improvement.  I would like to see what improvement members get from here as well

I would be interested in a litre bottle as well, unles I can get it in the ACT.   Caltex techron seems to work quite allright, but sometimes when you get a not so good batch of fuel it would be good to clean it out properly. A mate's ST11 is having some probably carb related problems so it may fix him up before I have to strip the carbs.

And some limited slip diff oil (5.7 litre LS1 Holden.  I have found in the past that a great diff oil can make all the difference.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 02:53:30 PM by saaz »
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

Offline Dan

• QLD
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 01:21:49 PM »
I'd be really interested in the results - I might even try some myself, seems that there is a retailer in Bundy.

Excuse my scepticism but there are some big claims being made here, which have all been made before.  Not only will I be amazed if it works, I'll be a life-long customer!  I find it hard to understand how the petrol giants have failed to achieve this, yet PM Lubricants have.  They've single-handedly deferred the oil crisis by a generation!

If these claims of super-life oil and 15% extra mpg are true, what we really need PM Lubricants to get working on is a super-life motorcycle tyre.  I'd like minimum 25,000kms per set with hard use please, they must still stick like s**t to a blanket, cost under $350 per set locally, and come in ST1100 sizes. 

Whaddaya reckon?  :wink1

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 02:04:47 PM »

I am Des. I am following my own above theory for cost and long term performance reasons - I will let you know my opinion after a few tanks of motion lotion.

If mileage gains are anywhere near 15% - that would mean over 600kms per tank at best!       :eek

Don't let the Sportbike or Harley boys get wind of that!!!        :p

OK Diesel, I'm watching your results with bated breath.  It's been two hours.  How's it going?
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 03:17:09 PM »

OK Diesel, I'm watching your results with bated breath.  It's been two hours.  How's it going?

So far so good - haven't used a drop of fuel...             :p

Will let you know when I get to RIDE the thing.      :grin
OzSTOC Life Member

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 03:24:41 PM »
It works with diesel as well, so you should right to go regardless   :thumbs
John
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline rocketeer

• ST Legend
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 04:10:37 PM »
I completely understand the skepticism, everyone's seen at least one company, usually oil or oil additive company come along and promise the world- after falling for a couple myself I was VERY skeptical about this one, until I satisfied myself that the claims are achievable and repeatable.  I'm only interested in lifelong customers, the only way that is going to happen is if these products perform as promised.   

Des & Kev Funny you should mention it- I have a dream of at least one brand of fuel permanently premixed with our PM800 formulation- will it happen and still be competitively priced?  realistically probably not....

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:15:30 PM by rocketeer »

Offline rocketeer

• ST Legend
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 11:35:02 AM »
Ok guys orders should have arrived by now, looking forward to any feedback, good or bad.   

I've had some awesome feedback lately from people using PM800 outside of this forum.  Diesel 4x4 drivers- after 2 tanks they say it's a different truck- starts easier, idles smoother, far improved power and economy improving every tank- some as much as 200km extra per tank.  Yesterday I was told about a Navara which was about to have injectors and pump sent for servicing- 2 tanks later the owner can't believe the difference (Graeme- perfection custom performance, Coopers Plains). 

Fords and holden petrols love it- 6 cylinders religiously extra 80km per tank, AU falcons for some reason just eat the stuff up- 20% seems to be a minimum with these- one car going from 450 km every tank regardless to 650km per tank. Jeep cherokees love it- the last one, the owner was going to sell it due to the fuel consumption, now is happy with his truck again and uses PM800 in every tank. 

Diesel trucks- Isuzu 500 pantec , 1998? model naturally aspirated 5 speed, done 650,000km- went from burning 5 litres of oil in 10,000km now burned 2 litres in 20,000km, doubled services, went from 600km per tank to 750, 800km per tank with 40 litres left to go, no diesel smoke whatsoever apart from a puff at startup, quieter, smoother, gained 18km on it's top end- previous top speed 108km/h. 

Large capacity bikes, particularly Blackbirds- throttle response instantly improved or by half the first tank, economy usually comes after 3 tanks (in a couple of cases it took quite a few tanks but the owners very happy with throttle response, so continued using every tank untill economy eventually improved- one blackbird was either 60 or 80 km extra per tank).  VTR1000's I know gain 60km per tank, on the oil the owners all remark at the additional torque of their bikes.

Mowers- by 3 tanks push mowers will be easier to start, ride ons improve power and run smoother. Whipper snippers easier starting, smoother.

These are some of the stories I know of, more coming every week. If you are on facebook people willingly share their stories on the PM Lubricants facebook page,  in their own words. 

Please feel free to post up here what you honestly find.  Good, bad or ugly, I haven't had a bad experience yet.

Brad

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 11:43:46 AM »
If it improves the range of a VTR there are many owners that will thank you!  I have a mower that I use aerostat on as it refuses to fire up.  Will let you know what it does for that when my package arrives.

I am thinking of going to liquid injection lpg on my 5.7 LS1 Statesman.  I assume that by using the fuel conditioner in the petrol would help clean out the motor while it runs on petrol for the first minute, or would a bit more petrol use per month be better? As the fuel conditioner is also a lead replacement additive (I think CAMS has it listed as approved?) I assume it would help the valves out a bit as well?
John
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline rocketeer

• ST Legend
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 11:57:02 AM »
Steve, who owns PM Lubricants rides a VTR.  Funniest thing was when he bought the bike new, did 6,000km on it to run it in then changed onto his own oil- he actually called me to tell me about how much better it ran- I found that quite amusing actually.  I know of 3 who have dramatically improved range when ridden sensibly, run without the additive for several tanks and it goes back to the original mileage.

Spot on with the stato- running PM800 in the fuel will act as a valve seat lubricant (as well as injectors and fuel pump- I am not sure if they disable the fuel pump while the LPG runs?)- we've had a lot of taxis set up a drip feed system for that very reason.  I don't believe there is any great need to run it on petrol for any length if it's going to start on petrol everytime.  Between PM800 and the LPG the motor will end up quite clean internally- LPG burns hot and very clean.  Make sure you use a higher viscosity oil to handle the higher combustion temperatures though!

Mower- check plug, make sure gap is reasonable, run it on a double dose of PM800, by the end of the third tank it should start without Aerostart.  Funny thing my old man used to say was engines get addicted to aerostart...