Farkles, Gear & Accessories > iPhone and Android Helpful Apps

Get this App on your phones

<< < (2/6) > >>

Brookester:
Like Turtle, I was involved in the discussion. As a Risk and Safety Officer all of our work phones (approx 225) have had this App since February and it is mandatory on all new/replaced devices.

It is Australia Wide and if you want to know more then read this http://www.police.act.gov.au/contact/emergency-app.aspx

Cheers and Beers, Brookester

alans1100:
With a  dedicated GPS and two phones with working GPS and two tablets with GPS I'm not sure if I'll need this app or not but it won't to have it on board the two phones.

Only catch would be being within any cell tower range to make an emergency call should you need to.

Brock:
It does look like a slick app, but I'm sure that if I need it, I wont have phone conection.

Diesel:
Good for boats where motors won't start etc - can give deg/min/sec pos.

Also - if you need to report a crime or call the Ambos for someone else - stops all the ginning around in those crucial mins.   :thumbs

Gadget:
From a mobile you should use 112.  It is 000 equivalent, but it uses any available network and therefore gives better coverage. 

Ever wondered what that message on your phone that said "Emergency calls only"  That was because your network wasn't available, but another network was and it will always accept a 112 call.  Some networks will also accept 000 calls from any phone now as well.

I have both programmed into my phone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version