General Category > General Discussion

Let the Games Begin

(1/5) > >>

Williamson:
Just off the 'phone with the insurance assessor and then the insurance company, as it has been determined that the Mighty ST1300 is a total loss (repair estimate has been put at around $7000). FMD, I think this is a gross over-estimate as the damage to the ST is basically cosmetic, sure a fair bit of gravel rash to RHS plastics, but still just cosmetic. Might be time for a Royal Commission into insurance and repair companies. Time for a blood pressure pill.

Anyway, there are a number of options to be considered to achieve a settlement, I just need to work which is best for me, and the ST, eg:

* A lump (or is that limp?) sum for the market value (to be agreed) of the bike, plus $2100 for non-OEM accessories, Russell saddle, tow hitch, heated grips and GPS dash mount (which come in at over $2100).

* Or, accepting the market value sum, buying the wreck (salvage sum to be agreed), less the salvage sum and the $2100, and keeping fingers crossed re. actual cost of repairs.I suppose it will depend on what the agreed sums are, and how tight I keep my fingers crossed. Agreed sums will be determined by next Tuesday, and then until end of next week to decide.

Brookester:
WendyL has just been given a damage assessment from her running over a feral goat en-route between Cobar and Echuca...front forks, triple clamp, right front brake rotor, plus the left and right lower cowls and front cowl that were smashed and cut away to keep going.....probably looking at about $5-$7k if at all available

Nigel:

--- Quote from: Williamson on March 24, 2023, 05:12:34 PM ---Just off the 'phone with the insurance assessor and then the insurance company, as it has been determined that the Mighty ST1300 is a total loss (repair estimate has been put at around $7000). FMD, I think this is a gross over-estimate as the damage to the ST is basically cosmetic, sure a fair bit of gravel rash to RHS plastics, but still just cosmetic. Might be time for a Royal Commission into insurance and repair companies. Time for a blood pressure pill.

Anyway, there are a number of options to be considered to achieve a settlement, I just need to work which is best for me, and the ST, eg:

* A lump (or is that limp?) sum for the market value (to be agreed) of the bike, plus $2100 for non-OEM accessories, Russell saddle, tow hitch, heated grips and GPS dash mount (which come in at over $2100).

* Or, accepting the market value sum, buying the wreck (salvage sum to be agreed), less the salvage sum and the $2100, and keeping fingers crossed re. actual cost of repairs.I suppose it will depend on what the agreed sums are, and how tight I keep my fingers crossed. Agreed sums will be determined by next Tuesday, and then until end of next week to decide.

--- End quote ---

All in all a real RIB Tickler... :butt

Bodø:

--- Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2023, 05:43:17 PM ---All in all a real RIB Tickler... :butt

--- End quote ---

Ouch.

ruSTynutz:
Here's hoping the "Market Value" is a reasonable figure, Michael!  :X
I always insure my vehicles for "Agreed Value" as I've always found so called "market value" is always way less than you'd expect...although in saying that I reckon the prices of ST's have risen in recent times so who knows!  :popcorn

--- Quote from: Williamson on March 24, 2023, 05:12:34 PM ---Or, accepting the market value sum, buying the wreck (salvage sum to be agreed), less the salvage sum and the $2100, and keeping fingers crossed re. actual cost of repairs.
--- End quote ---

You can buy Chinese abs full plastics for fairly reasonable dollars on www.aliexpress.com
No idea what the quality is like though...  :think1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version