Author Topic: 2019-12-29 The Rat Race  (Read 801 times)

Bodø

2019-12-29 The Rat Race
« on: December 29, 2019, 08:43:56 AM »
Actually nothing like the title suggest but it was either that or Rat Trap.  Basically today's ride was all about a rat.  Every year I look for something to put in my Nengajō (new year's photo) based on the animal of that year (ie. the Karoonda Ram for 2015, Fairfield's Dido for 2018 and the Rundle Mall pigs for 2019).  Next year it the tear of the rat/mouse and knowing there was one on our doorstep at Lower Light headed for that.

There are a whole heap of sculptures there that I stumbled apon for the first time in 2015 that were erected in protest to a tip being built in Dublin, probably from before I moved to Adelaide as I didn't know about them.  Today I went for the rat, but ended up bagging them all.  The first was the Environmental Observer.

The tip got built anyway and these days the slogans have been updated to more recent events.

Most of them are no longer in their original positions as some land owners no longer wanted them in their property after the war against the tip was lost.  The tin man is one that has moved, and been cleaned up a lot since the old rusty bit of junk that was on the brink of falling over in 2015.

Stinky Pete once posted the big cockroach in the big things forum and commented on the lack of anywhere to safely park.  That was the case when I went there in 2015 but this morning I noticed they have made sufficient space for a car and caravan to pull off the road on the eastern side of the road, where most of these now reside in close proximity to each other.  They used to be further apart.

The only one away from the group is the big fly.

Objective achieved it was a straight ride home only stopping to buy bread before it gets hot.  Not being a long trip I didn't create a Spotwall trip for it.  My other tracker works well for a small ride.

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Kev Murphy, ruSTynutz

Bodø

Re: 2019-12-29 The Rat Race
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 09:00:23 AM »
Almost forgot.  The days started with me clearing my GPO box and then getting pulled over at a RBT

The following users thanked this post: Kev Murphy