Author Topic: iphone camera/video  (Read 1935 times)

Offline gaz

• The dark knight! The vigilante! The caped-crusader!
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Then be The Batman
iphone camera/video
« on: December 16, 2012, 11:37:33 AM »
thought the brain trust might like to look at this product.
http://www.outride.com/
Taking over one emoticon at a time >:D

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
Re: iphone camera/video
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 03:19:36 PM »
Its an iThing.... :(
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline Whizz

• Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 03:23:45 PM »
An iThing that is aimed at bicycle riders who seem avidly interested in sharing their bicycle rides with other bicycle owners...and at US$150 plus postage it looks ridiculously over priced, sorry I think this is of no interest to me at all.
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 04:51:15 PM »
Its an iThing.... :(

Nothing wrong with an iThing, I have 4 iThingy in my house and another 6 iThingys at work, that work seamlessly with what we do  :thumb

An iThing that is aimed at bicycle riders who seem avidly interested in sharing their bicycle rides with other bicycle owners...and at US$150 plus postage it looks ridiculously over priced, sorry I think this is of no interest to me at all.

Hmmm but we do pay much the same for a hd camera and the mount already, if you already had an eye phone, you don't have to use their social media software, just make use of the fact don't have to have multiple objects strapped to the bike, and not another something to go wrong, me thinks I will investigate further...for those of us with an iThing...
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Whizz

• Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 07:41:39 PM »
Streak, please don't get me wrong, unlike Brock I actually have an iPhone (and two iPads, one's mine, the other my wife's) and I have absolutely nothing against the iThingies. I use the Metroview GPS software and think it is brilliant, however as far as the iPhone as a mobile video camera strapped to the handlebars of the ST whilst doing 100kph down the road I think it unlikely that it would a very spectacular job, and it's storage capacity would probably be severely limited...and after all it's a phone, not a camera! If you want good HD quality video then you buy a good high quality HD video camera...right tool for the right job!  :phone
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline Skip

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 08:46:37 PM »
Before I start, let me say I am a complete Tech Dinosaur. However, the only video footage we personally  have of our many rides with family and friends is footage on an iPhone. Apart from Mrs pillion using the iPhone vertical instead of horizontal, it is as good a footage of anything I've seen posted here. The quality is second to none apart from it not being as stable because it being hand held and not mounted, but the picture quality is fantastic.
Just my 2 bobs worth on the iPhone thingy's. Not that I care less. Just my experience.
However, I'm still trying to 'score' a bike mounted camera of some description because my pillion doesn't participate near enough. Don't tell her I said so.  :-[
Cheers.
Skip.
Getting wind in my hair while I still have some.