Author Topic: Dreaded FI Light Code 26...and right knock sensor  (Read 2577 times)

Offline DBfive

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • David B
Dreaded FI Light Code 26...and right knock sensor
« on: March 22, 2017, 10:27:26 AM »
As related elsewhere, I've had this problem now for as long as I've owned the bike.  Had my local dealer check it out - nothing in fault log, cleaned the five way connector - no gunk to speak of, fuel additive to clean injectors etc - still get code, and most recently replaced fuel filter and cleaned lower tank.  Yesterday got the tupperware off and checked right knock sensor connection and checked continuity/short circuit etc as per manual - no problem.

So, according to the manual I have a faulty knock sensor.  The question I have is:

What are the implications of disconnecting the sensor (ensuring no possibility of shorts etc in connector wire)?

Regards
Dave B
ST1300
CB750 K7

Online cravenhaven

• Coomba Bay, NSW
Re: Dreaded FI Light Code 26...and right knock sensor
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 03:14:18 PM »
I have been having the same problem lately (well about a year now), and recently I pulled the connector assy apart, tightened the pin connector and re-soldered the wire. When I tested by holding the revs over 4000 for many minutes it appeared to be fixed, but on a recent ride through the hills where I had the a lower gear selected and high revs the light eventually came on again. My next attempt will be to completely replace the wire from the sensor back to the computer and see if that will fix it.
My main motivation is that the fuel economy has dropped considerably since the light has been coming on.
Someone on one of the US sites came up with a Honda Pilot part that is the same connector and can be obtained in the US for less than $10 but they wont ship to OZ. Cant find the link right now, but ebay US has the sensor cable for around $50.

Oh!, Just realised that your question is what happens if its disconnected?. I guess its the same as being faulty and will cause the computer to run the bike in a low tune state which is less fuel efficient.

edit:
just found it: http://www.st1300.us.com/archive/index.php?t-3414.html
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:38:35 PM by Shiney »

The following users thanked this post: Shiney

Offline DBfive

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • David B
Re: Dreaded FI Light Code 26...and right knock sensor
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 07:27:46 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I've been reading the USA threads as well and today discovered the OZSTOC thread in the ST1300 General Discussion section!  Don't know how I hadn't discovered it before.  I think this will be the next phase after another test ride!  In the meantime I've learned how to do Biggles's rolling restarts.

Regards
Dave B
ST1300
CB750 K7