Author Topic: BikeComm  (Read 3191 times)

terrydj

BikeComm
« on: April 19, 2012, 02:55:40 PM »
Just picked myself up a BikeComm really cheap. Its the typical Bluetooth setup except it works through a transmitter that you can also hook all your gear up to, like a Walkie Talkie ect. All the write ups I have read say they are just the best, but then again most say that about everything they test. Klick on the link for a write up on the unit from the WebBike crowd that test everthing.
Dale sells them (http://www.dmme.com.au/BikerCom.htm) and as we all know he only deals with the good stuff and the stuff that works and he can back up, so they must be good

Link:  http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/biker-com-bluetooth-intercom/

Offline saaz

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Canberra ACT
Re: BikeComm
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »
How much was really cheap? I like the look of the system as you hard wire in the basics, but as far as I can tell you have to modify things to get ear plugs with audio to work.  I am sure it us really good, and earplug connectivity aside it is what I would look at after the autocomm system. After 36 years of riding mostly without ear plugs I need to conserve what I have left!
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

terrydj

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 04:12:29 PM »
How cheap???? Well I seen it on Australian Ebay last night for a $230.00 Buy now + $12.00 for postage
Link  : http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110862026281  so for $242.00 delivered it was realllllly cheap.
I always use Earbuds on any Intercom setup I have used and will replace the ear speakers with a 3.5 female connection so I can use my earbuds and Arrildite the 3.5 connection to the bottom of the BikeComm unit.
As to the Autocom units, well the Autocom Pro was at the top pf my list untill this showed up

Offline pault

• ST
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 08:23:31 PM »
i had a bike com on my previous ST.
firstly i use molded ear plugs and there fore needed the volume up max.
the units are meant to pair up easilyto the head sets so you should be able to put the black box in the tail.
(this from Dale)
But often mine did not. i ended puting the unit in my top box and was able to watch the lights as it powered up to be sure it was pairing with the head set.
have not fitted it to this ST yet, still got to get a cable for   the UHF to the black box
wait and see.

Offline DaleMcLean

• It's just me ;-)
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 07:00:33 AM »
Terry
Thats a Generation 1, be wary there were some production faults, and that one (with filter included) came direct form Open Road Solutions (the manufacturer) not me, we are mow on Gen 3 and it is MUCH improved in many many ways - size, audio quality, Vox responsiveness and general operational speed.
If you have troubles give me a ring possibly help  :think1
I may ride a Ducati, but I've rode lots of (other peoples :-) ) ST's

What I do www.DMME.com.au and www.StarCom1.com.au

terrydj

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 05:45:45 PM »
"Dunno" Just had the BikeComm delivered and the Filters an extra not included in the BikeComm box. Don't think I'll use it as the info says I only need it if I have the 2 way running on power from the bike which I don't. The other thing is that the Microphone screws into the headset and is not a push fit????? It dosn't say anyware if its a model 1 or 2?
Just gave the headset to a Geek so he can swith the headphone earpieces to a single 3.5 female jack  so I can run my own earphones 

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 10:19:01 PM »
Dale, speaking of changing plugs etc, do you have an adapter cable to plug into the Starcom tail which would then let me plug a 1/8" plug in (this for Earmold with speakers, when I'm not using the mic) so I would just get music/directions?

While I'm here talking, I'll add the comment that Dale was most helpful when I swung by his place on my way to OZSTOCRALLY1.  He diagnosed the problem, fixed it, handed out lots of advice and charged me mate's rates.  What's not to like?
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline DaleMcLean

• It's just me ;-)
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 01:29:53 PM »
The StarCom1 needs to "see" a microphone plugged into the riders socket to turn on, but we do ahev a PP-04 headset that is just a mic and 3.5mm (1/8th for the older folk  :nahnah) socket for earmoulds, as well as a PP-24 thats got speakers as well as the socket.

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 10:00:37 PM »
The
The StarCom1 needs to "see" a microphone plugged into the riders socket to turn on, but we do ahev a PP-04 headset that is just a mic and 3.5mm (1/8th for the older folk  :nahnah) socket for earmoulds, as well as a PP-24 thats got speakers as well as the socket.

The PP-04 sounds like the ant's nickers.  Emma Chisit.

That's "How much is it?"  for smart "young" things.   :butt   Since you ahev them!!   :grin
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline DaleMcLean

• It's just me ;-)
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 07:18:21 AM »
Nad somteims Mi Dyslexic typnig happnes  :rofl

PM sent for you