Author Topic: Fitting/Mounting Delkevic Exhaust on a Honda ST1100  (Read 16653 times)

Offline Mypod

Re: Fitting/Mounting Delkevic Exhaust on a Honda ST1100
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 07:21:34 PM »
Hi Streak,
I know you posted this article just over 4yrs ago, but I'm thinking about buying the set of mufflers for my 2005 ST1100 and your article is the closed I can find.
I was wondering how you got on with them? Did they effect the performance of your bike in anyway?  Were/are you happy with the sound they make? Do they effect the tuning of the bike (please excuse me if this is a silly question, my mechanical knowledge is almost zero, lol)? 
Any advice would be appreciated since I am very mechanically inept but your series of pics made it look achievable for a guy like me with very limited mechanical experience.
They look fantastic!!
Pete

Peter
Heaven might not be on earth...but riding sure does come close
Suzuki TS185ER
Suzuki GSX750
Suzuki GSX750EF
Honda ST1100PY 2005

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 07:38:38 PM »
Hi Streak,
I know you posted this article just over 4yrs ago, but I'm thinking about buying the set of mufflers for my 2005 ST1100 and your article is the closed I can find.
I was wondering how you got on with them? Did they effect the performance of your bike in anyway?  Were/are you happy with the sound they make? Do they effect the tuning of the bike (please excuse me if this is a silly question, my mechanical knowledge is almost zero, lol)? 
Any advice would be appreciated since I am very mechanically inept but your series of pics made it look achievable for a guy like me with very limited mechanical experience.
They look fantastic!!
Pete

mate they looked good, sounded good, easy to install, and they didnt affect my ST1100 at all performance wise at all, as my ST11 was a freak with fuel economy (ask diesel), I found out about them on an american ST Owners website, and then i bought them off ebay :)
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Mypod

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 03:32:44 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the feedback  :thumbsup
Peter
Suzuki TS185ER
Suzuki GSX750
Suzuki GSX750EF
Honda ST1100PY 2005

Offline Mypod

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2017, 07:53:05 PM »
Hi Streak,
They look fantastic!!
Pete

mate they looked good, sounded good, easy to install, and they didnt affect my ST1100 at all performance wise at all, as my ST11 was a freak with fuel economy (ask diesel), I found out about them on an american ST Owners website, and then i bought them off ebay :)

Hi mate, Just thought I would send my thanks to you regarding your information about the Delkivic mufflers. I have them on my bike, fitted by myself (much to my wife's surprise, lol) andthey  look great and sound even better :). Thanks again  :-++ :thumbsup
Peter
Suzuki TS185ER
Suzuki GSX750
Suzuki GSX750EF
Honda ST1100PY 2005