Author Topic: Some photographs of our photographer....  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
Some photographs of our photographer....
« on: April 06, 2014, 01:07:45 PM »
Beatup (IanB). The guy whose work so many of you appreciate when looking at National Rally pics and certain State RTEs...

On the morning of this year's Rally Ride, we agreed that Beatup would jump on the back of my bike (STella) and take the pics, as it would be a much better result than him trying to manage riding his own bike and setup the photos etc.

We told the group that we would be annoying them all day by buzzing in and out of traffic, be stoppoed on the side of the road as they went by, and generally ordering them around all day to make for better photo content. This was OK by everyone.

Unbelievably, although not planned - Ian and his lovely gal Helen had booked the same Caravan Park as an overnighter at Mt Beauty in Vic. He all of a sudden heard the familiar whirr of a ST13 going by his cabin. Next thing I know is, while I'm setting up my campsite for the night, down he trots to say g'day- and was instantly roped in for a selfie...

So next morning, it was off to the famous Beechmont Bakery....

While I was ordering, I heard a deep, evil voice (kinda like Darth Vader's) say "Oi!" It was Pete Blueheeler55 (JustPete) - again, unplanned. 2 became 5....

We criss crossed paths all day on the way to Ballarat - this one just outside of Wangaratta - just as Growly and I were turning off to Glenrowan... Ian and Helen on his funky new Beemer....

During the OzSTOC National Rally Ride, we got some great pics and video - but probably most memorable was possibly the OzSTOC "Quote of the Rally"...

I had left the top box off STella so Beatup had no backrest, and I was quite a way behind the pack after the last photo shoot, so decided to close the gap a little... I said "hang on" and let 2nd gear wind waaaaay waaaay out before snapping 3rd and instantly returning the throttle to the stop at the end of its travel.  I can't repeat the words that came over the comms, but lets just say I got a nice little 'cuddle' from the bloke on the back.      :grin

His great quote was not long after that.... he said "I can't take any more pics! My sphincter won't let me!"...     :rofl :rofl :rofl

From then on, if I wanted another little cuddle - I just had to let the revs get above 4,000!      :crackup

Good onya mate.

Cheers, Diesel
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 01:16:48 PM by Diesel »
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au