Honda ST1300 Section > Ask A Tech about your Honda ST1300

ecu reset

<< < (7/8) > >>

Skip:
Early days for my report but after a 230km test ride, my  :blu13 returned 20.1 km per ltr and it certainly is smoother and pulls harder and more readily lower in the rev range. As previously stated, mine has returned 18 km per ltr for the past 9 years so I'm impressed so far. I was initially skeptical as I thought "What could following the aforementioned process do?".
I only had my battery disconnected for about 1 1/2 hours and the fan cut in at about 13 minutes. Will be a regular process after every battery change at least.

StinkyPete:
Last week I did the ECU Reset on my ST1300 with 155,000km  on it, before a 600km round trip to the Riverland.   The reset went smoothly with no problems, and I report that I can't really notice any difference in idle, overall smoothness or power.   There may be a 0.25 l/100km improvement in fuel consumption, which is too little to be able to firmly attribute to the reset, and could easily be right hand, weather, speed, road conditions, or how I was holding my tongue.

rally:
 :rd13 :rd13 :rd13
Hi Chaps,

passed this on to my mate who has a 2004 model with ECU light (knock sensor problems).

Whilst it did not rectify the light coming on his bike is now running much better, more power and smoother and giving much more MPG.

He is happy with the result.

Rally Norm

Maxnettoz:
I have done this several times with good results.  Basically every service I do or anytime I disconnect the battery I perform the reset procedure.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

JuST Peter:
About mid January I posted that my ST13 was playing up:
"Over the last few months since our Wooli AGM, the motor on my ST13 turns itself off when I come to a stop or slow down, then will come alive with a twist of the throttle. It's like someone has clicked the kill switch then turned it on again.

Other times trying to start it has resulted in surging between 1000-3000 revs and if I advance the throttle the surging still stays within that 2000 rev range.
I've had it in the workshop on several occasions, with one possible fix being to replace the battery, (which it needed in any case).

For a few weeks it behaved well, then went back to it's old cranky self.

The last time I left it there over a couple of weeks, for my mech to ride it himself and see if it would play up on him - which it did!
He thought it was the side stand switch, which when disconnected, seemed to fix it completely....for a couple of weeks.

I've since replaced the switch with a new one from Brisbane Motorcycles (https://brisbanemotorcycles.com.au) for $49. Good people to deal with and with very quick service. Two days delivered post free  :thumb

One thing I've found is if I turn off the ignition, wait a couple of seconds, then turn it back on, it's good for the rest of the day.
Weird!"

StinkyPete suggested an ECU reset from this post, which I did yesterday and gave the bike a good run this morning (it was up around 41 degrees yesterday), and found pickup has improved, performance is a bit like a sports bike, gear changes are no longer jerky and now much smoother.

Such a simple procedure with such surprising results.

Thanks Lonerider  :thumb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version