Honda ST1300 Section > Ask A Tech about your Honda ST1300

Backfiring and smell of fuel from exhaust

(1/12) > >>

Shiney:
So I've been having a few problems with my St 1300 in particular I've been experiencing a lot of backfiring whenever changing gears and just in general use.
When I pull the clutch in to change gears it will backfire and also just when riding it will backfire from time to time, but mainly on deceleration when the clutch is pulled in.
 There is also a very rich smell of fuel from the exhaust and my fuel usage has skyrocketed.

I have checked the five way vacuum hose connection and it is clear and I've replaced the spark plugs and done an ECU reset.

During my latest attempt to diagnose the issue when I block the air hose that runs from the rear of the air box down I get a smoother idle and no backfiring.

This is as far as I have gotten and I'm hoping that someone can make a suggestion as to what I can do to fix this.

Cheers
 Shiney

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Shiney on May 20, 2018, 05:06:35 PM --- ..... I'm hoping that someone can make a suggestion as to what I can do to fix this.

--- End quote ---

Checked your fuel filter / fuel pump?

Shiney:
It doesn't seem to have any issue with fuel coming through as it smells very rich.

However if I blocked the hole at the back of the air box the issue seems to go away.

I've attached a photo pointing out the hole I'm referring to.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wild Rose:
 :popcorn

Shiney:
And here is a picture  of the hose  that leads to the hole at the back of the air box

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version