Honda ST1300 Section > Ask A Tech about your Honda ST1300

ST appears to lean out of 4000rpm

(1/2) > >>

HunterTodd:
Hi All
have been grappling with an issue for over twelve months and was hoping to benefit from the collective wisdom.
Issue is bike will rev ok to about  3800revs but push it harder and it progressively develops a vibration which is bad enough to trip both knock sensors. Sounds to me like it is starving for fuel. Pretty sure the cause is not misc. Mechanical.
Have had bike apart multiple times.
Checked following
All injectors
Leak tested all vacuum hoses using propane enrichment
Balanced starter valves
Checked entire fuel delivery system and vacumn system and all is squeaky clean
Replaced fuel filter and inlet strainer
Check map air inlet and throttle position sensors.
Checked fuel pump pressure.
Everything checked to date is in spec.
Had it suggested to me that even though fuel pressure is ok fuel flow could be the issue.
Now the question.
Does anyone happen to have a spare fuel pump i could borrow to rule that out? I dont feel like buying a new one just to rule something out.
Problem is that bad i had to buy a CB 1100 to stop my bottom lip from quivering.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Cheers
Todd

HunterTodd:
Further to earlier post.
Have had bike on computer at two honda dealers no issue with cpu.
I would be happy to have a mechanic look at it but have yet to find one i am confident can fix it.
I can throw parts and hours at it just as easily as they can.

Brock:
Are you using a K&N Air flilter, if so is there a finer outer filter in use. This has been found to be the problem a few times, as the airflow is too restricted.

winston66:
Have you looked at the various electrical components , Ie, spark plugs, leads, coils, etc, You neglected to say. I suggest that rough running might be caused by  some of the ignition components breaking down at the higher rev range , is there any noticeable difference in power output as you change through the gears. More info on the symptoms might be helpful in bringing out suggestions of areas, things , too check.
Cheers,
Winston66

STeveo:

--- Quote from: Brock on September 25, 2019, 05:16:25 PM ---Are you using a K&N Air flilter, if so is there a finer outer filter in use. This has been found to be the problem a few times, as the airflow is too restricted.

--- End quote ---
My first thought too. Also check the mufflers are not blocked up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version