Honda ST1300 Section > Ask A Tech about your Honda ST1300

O2 sensors

(1/2) > >>

HunterTodd:
Hi All
Does anyone know of an alternative part number for the o2 sensors on  the ST1300.
The genuines are ridiculously expensive.

Cheers

Brock:
Here is a start..

Seems like anything might work

https://www.ebay.com/b/NGK-Motorcycle-Oxygen-Sensors-for-Honda-ST1300/177998/bn_20876768

cravenhaven:
What symptoms do you have that indicate oxygen sensor problems?.

alans1100:
Just for interest - item 13 and 14 here https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2004/st1300a-a-st1300a/muffler

Took me a while to find them so I just did a search. Exhaust system; didn't expect that.

HunterTodd:
Thanks for assistance guys. I was hoping there was a non genuine alternative because even from Partzilla they are prohibitively expensive.

The reason for my question is a unsuccessful 18 month quest to find a mystery vibration which comes in about 4000 rpm and ends up tripping both knock sensors. The bike is running hot as well. It is definitely not bike frame related. My best educated guess is the bike is leaning out but the usual vacuum leaks fuel pressure issues has been extensively tested and every thing is within specs.

Sensors all check out, CPU has been on Honda software twice. Only thing I haven't considered is O2 sensors which are a critical part of the system.

I came across an article about o2 sensors on V8 car engines which often have two like the ST does. If one is crook depending on the how the fuel map is set up it can lead to one bank being fueled differently to the other and hence engine vibration. I am clutching at straws and hoping like hell this might be the issue with my bike.

My research has also found that o2 sensors cause way more problems than people realise and a lot of people allegedly in the know reckon they are prone to failure in engines with more than 80 to 100 thousand kays on them. My bike is in the sweet spot for that.

Long story short I have just received my you beaut Chinese O2 sensor tester and hopefully will know more on the weekend when I hook it up.  I am praying it highlights an issue one of the sensors.  You will hear  the woo hoo from your place if it does.

Finally the only thing I haven't had apart are the reed valves in the pair system. Apparently they become gummed up but I doubt they are the cause of the issue. Any comments?

Cheers,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version