Honda ST1100 Section > Where to Purchase Parts & items for the Honda ST1100

Impex Japan

<< < (2/3) > >>

Brookester:
Biggles, is this the one? https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/64323-MCS-G00ZF?ref=8def22203822cc66d1c12f73e1f429e30ba2ae8d

Biggles:
Exactly!!  That's a great picture of it!  Even got the colour right.  Mine had a black vinyl panel on top of it to match the rest of the cowl, but anything is better than what I have to fill the space.   Interestingly, that price in US$ is about what Impex quoted in AUD, including DHL freight.  Time will tell!

Biggles:
My little piece of cowling just arrived from Impex Japan.  It cost a bit over AU$20, but I'm not even going to think about the cost of freight via Fedex (and they were the cheapest).  They don't offer mailing as an option.  Somehow the Chinese can send stuff from Hong Kong post free.  Impex ordered the part from Honda (after I paid for it) and emailed me when they had received it.  They then lodged it with Fedex when I paid the freight.  The whole process took about two weeks. 
So in my experience they are reliable, but expect the pay dearly for the privilege.
Oh, and I misunderstood the freight component, thinking from what I read on their website that freight was included.  I guess that might be what people were unhappy about- I haven't looked for any reviews online.

ruSTynutz:
So how much did Fedex end up slugging you, Bill?  :fp

When I checked the site out earlier I saw you had to pay shipping later so I had been wondering how you managed to get it for around $25 bucks all up...  :think1

Still, even if it cost you $50 or more, at the end of the day it's worth it just to make your ST look complete!  :clap

Biggus:
The postage is what will limit it for me as I'll get hit with remote area delivery with any courier service like DHL etc. That makes a 'small package' (20cmx10cmx10cm 0.5 kg) via DHL go from $19.61 USD/$30.51 AUD to $44.18 USD/$68.74 AUD.......ouch! Regular postage is $21.36 USD/$33.24 AUD and no remote area surcharge so still an option for something I can't get anywhere else, and I guess it's always nice to have options.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version