Honda ST1300 Section > Ask A Tech about your Honda ST1300

2004 st13 cold start idle very fast 2500 rpm, then rough idle

<< < (2/2)

StinkyPete:

--- Quote from: Steve Epps on June 26, 2013, 10:14:50 AM ---Thanks for the info guys, I'll pull the tank off and have a poke around!
Steve

--- End quote ---

Hey Steve, did you find a solution?  It may help other owners.

Steve Epps:
Gday Stinky
ended up getting the throttle bodies synched and they also cleaned all of the associated plumbing, also was due for valve adjustment (53,000K). Rides heaps better idles better at cold, seems to have done the trick. They said that the wax module may need replacing but its a $500 job, so wont be doing that unless absolutley necessary,
All the best
Steve :blu13left

Biggles:
I'd be betting it was a blockage in the throttle balance tubes that saaz alluded to.
My quick-fix has been putting a dose of injector cleaner in the tank.  While it's true no fuel flows through those lines, the highly volatile nature of the cleaner seems to clear the passages at least temporarily.
It would be interesting to hear from the mechanics, but I've never heard of the valves needing adjusting, even though it might be scheduled.  Ditto I doubt the wax module is defective.

saaz:
The throttle bodies as such cannot be synched, but the idle circuit for getting even fast idle can be adjusted.  Seems like this issue can be placed as a sticky at the top of the ST1300 section as it might become a more common problem as the ST13s get older (like the riders!!)

Lonerider1:
When was the fuel filter changed ??,  Mine was running alittle rough, got a new filter in and turned the old 1 upside down, was full of very fine grit / sand. Runs alot better now around town, have not yet taken it on a highway trip yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version