Author Topic: One week of great riding...  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Bikebear

• Legendary Member
  • Livin' it up in FNQ..
One week of great riding...
« on: September 11, 2012, 11:37:07 AM »
Just got back from the Southern Cross Poker Run.. what a great week. The trip for me started in Cairns last Saturday 1st Sept with overnights in Townsville, Bowen, Dysart, Gracemere, Bundaberg, Kingaroy, Bell, Injune, Capella and Cardwell. The Gold one didn't miss a beat however I did need to replace the battery in Kingaroy, my fault, I ummed and ahhed about putting a new one in before I left but being slack I didn't do it and it came back to bite me. Luckily the Kingaroy Battery Centre had one in stock and for $100 I was back on the road fairly quickly.

To say I was totally in love with the ST on the run is an understatement, it was so comfortable and easy to ride. Economy for the 10 days was just under 19km/l which was pretty good, some of the running was at moderately elevated velocities and there were some evil head and crosswinds out west. The MCL Highway Blades are awesome, they feel odd to start with but they really are comfortable and I did miles and miles of western highways feet forward. Also gotta give ups for the MCC cruise control, being able to take the pressure of the right wrist occasionally is great especially where there is no throttle variation for miles on end. The Airhawk with the sheepskin was super comfy and I didn't get any numb bum at all.

There were 2 other ST1100's on the run one blue and one green. I spoke to both riders and the rider of the blue 1100 got the site address and said he'd check it out. Only saw one red ST1300 on the ride but didn't get a chance to talk to the rider.

All in all I had a great time.. however there's always a kicker... I could have done without the projectile vomiting and diahorrea on the way home!!!  :o >:()
Craig..
STOC #8215
UC #42145
SCA#2478

Gold '99 ST1100A (Golden Brown), Black '04 VT750, Red '15 1800 Valkyrie (Hildr), Black '08 DN01

"Golden Brown finer temptress, Never a frown with Golden Brown"

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
Re: One week of great riding...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 01:14:38 PM »
...Projectile what??? and dia-who??? WTF? Can't imagine that would be a situation I'd want in a helmet... What's the story?... or maybe we really don't want to know?
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline saaz

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Canberra ACT
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 01:34:17 PM »
Sounds like a top trip, and good way to see how the bike works for you  :thumbsup
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

Offline Bikebear

• Legendary Member
  • Livin' it up in FNQ..
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 01:39:23 PM »
A couple of people on the run got a stomach bug during the week, we thought we'd been spared but just outside Injune on the way home I had to stop fairly quickly to give vent to a technicolour yawn.. all I can say is flip face helmets rock.. if I had to spend time taking a full face off I could have been in a world of yuk. Luckily the vomiting subsided after only one more episode.. while off the bike thankfully. The bowel problem stayed a couple of days but Imodium, bananas and dry bikkies helped settle that down enough to ride without incident. My mate stayed at Capella yesterday after he was truck day the day after me.. hopefully he is on the road today and should be home tomorrow.
Craig..
STOC #8215
UC #42145
SCA#2478

Gold '99 ST1100A (Golden Brown), Black '04 VT750, Red '15 1800 Valkyrie (Hildr), Black '08 DN01

"Golden Brown finer temptress, Never a frown with Golden Brown"

terrydj

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 04:44:53 PM »
Dysart ???????? yeah 1 petrol station, 1 bowls club and 3000 miners. Yeah that's  a good stop  :rofl. Been their done that when I worked at Seragi mine.

But then again Cardwell is one of my most favorite places on Earth. Just love sitting on the jetty and having Breakfast  :thumbsup and wondering what all the poor people are doing