Author Topic: Just replaced my PR3's with ..... more PR3's *edit :P  (Read 7216 times)

Online Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: Just replaced my PR3's with ..... more PR3's *edit :P
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2014, 11:49:07 AM »
A group of 4 riders including me traversed a white chevron in the rain and all slipped. The claim that the PR4 is better in the wet applies to braking distance only, it is in the design of the tread. Does not do much more for sideways movement than before.

Wet paint on the road is not a fair test of sideways grip.  Everything lets go on that stuff!  Even just centre broken line markings.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline tremarg

• ST Legend
Re: Just replaced my PR3's with ..... more PR3's *edit :P
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2014, 12:04:55 PM »
Fair comment, all very much dependent on the type of paint/roughness etc. There are some lines, chevrons in particular (which we are not supposed to be on) that have a gloss which shines better than the paint finish on the fuel tank.

All 4 riders experienced the same result (all stayed upright) which backs up your comment.

I am just stating that anyone reading the ads/reviews need to understand that the wet surface tests were for braking only. As most of my riding is when dry, wet weather performance is not a real issue for me, if it rains, I ride accordingly.

2008 Honda ST1300
1975 Honda CB750 F

"Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can’t be done"