Author Topic: 2023-05-27 Huddleston Railway Station  (Read 366 times)

Online Bodø

• Where's My keys
2023-05-27 Huddleston Railway Station
« on: May 28, 2023, 09:45:28 AM »
Melbournely weather was forecast for South Australia yesterday but muggins here went for a ride anyway.  After refuelling at Dublin (to be sure, to be sure) first stop was at Lochiel for a look at Lake Bumbunga.  This is one of two Lochness monsters on display here.

I'd taken off a layer of clothing at Hilton not long after leaving because I was quite warm but pulled in under cover at Redhill to put it back on.  It was getting quite nippy at this point.

This was actually my first venture into the town(ship) of Redhill.  Prior to this I'd only ever left the highway once to refuel at the roadhouse, but never actually came into town.  I actually saw quite a lot here that got my interest and left with a lot of photos.  The Eureka Hotel had a closed for renovations sign on it so maybe if it is up and running by then I'll make a suggestion for a 2024 RTE.

I pulled the chain.  The bell actually works.  Apologies if anyone was sleeping in.

This is what I actually set out to find - the old Huddleston railway station.  Looking at this photo it hardly seems worth it.  You can see a bit of the platform.  It was all fenced off and on a better day would have put the drone up.  Actually, I didn't even take the drone with me as I knew the weather would make flying impossible.

I continued on to Gladstone before turning around and coming home.

Last stop was to check out the road I spotted in Leasingham on the way to Burra in february.  I now know it leads out to Hoyleton where the Blythe to Balaklava road goes.  The ride home then took me via Mallala and Two Wells.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 05:45:38 PM by Bodø »
Seriemester 2020 🏆 🟧 Kawasaki Versys 1000
Seriemester 2021 🏆 ⬛ Yamaha Xmax 300
Seriemester 2023 🏆 🟥 Honda Goldwing 1800

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Wild Rose, Lionel, Jdbiker, John g, Langers, ruSTynutz, Dragonstaff

Offline Dragonstaff

• Dave
Re: 2023-05-27 Huddleston Railway Station
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 07:13:46 PM »
We had a bell like that at Crafers Primary school when I started there in 1968. An electric air-horn style siren replaced it by the time I left in 1972.
THERE ARE OLD RIDERS, AND THERE ARE BOLD RIDERS, BUT THERE ARE DAMN FEW OLD AND BOLD RIDERS.

Keep the dirty side down.

2003 ST 1300
1984 1200 Goldwing
1981 GL 500 Silverwing
1980 CX500
(Not all bikes are running at the current time)

The following users thanked this post: Bodø