Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Farkles and Gear General Section

Recommended Tools For Maintenance Of Your ST

<< < (5/5)

Biggles:
In an "emergency", you can grind about 1mm off the tip of a Phillips #2 driver to do the job.  As per the video, that overcomes the issue of the tip bottoming out in the screw head before the "flanges" can fully engage.

bucket:
Hi all, sorry to dredge up an oldish thread but here I am! In preparation for an upcoming transcontinental trip, I've been putting together an tool kit to carry with me as there was none on my girl. I've got everything I need to remove both front and rear wheels plus a couple of extra bits to cover most potential side of the road problems. Has anyone used the small threaded screws you can get to plug any small holes in tyres? I have a 4 wheel drive plug repair kit, but it's fairly bulky and I'm looking at either a small kit which includes CO2 canisters to pump up the tyre or these screws. The screws are found here; https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/375039517028?var=644121187729
Is there anything else that people find is both light and easy to carry that I'm missing?

Brock:
I wouldnt use the screws, they look to ridged, and would cause more damage further down the track. The CO2 cylinders are useless on a bike or car, it takes quite a few to inflate the tyre.

I use a stop n Go tyre repair kit  like this, I have had one for years and it works very well..

There are small compressors that can be had though they dont seem to last long..
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/u3kAAOSwNCRizPax/s-l1600.jpg

bucket:
Thanks, Brock. I had my doubts but after watching a YouTube video, the screws looked like they may be OK. I have a small 12 v compressor that's good for up to 50 psi, I just need to change the connector to alligator clamps not cig lighter. I agree it may not last too many times but once would be enough to get me out of trouble. I like the repair kit, I'll look into that on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version