Author Topic: 08-12-2018 Finniss RTE  (Read 1181 times)

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
08-12-2018 Finniss RTE
« on: December 09, 2018, 03:25:52 PM »
For us it was a normal summer ride until the temps cooled down the closer we got to Gawler; then it more or less turned into winter the further South we went. With signs of rain up ahead rather than a light shower that we went through I stopped and we both put our wet weather pants over our jeans.

A stop at Burra for a quick breakfast but with our normal BP stop having EFTPOS issues with "cash only" on the door we had to go the local Caltex. Apart from this stop and the next one where we put the wet gear on we ran non stop the most direct route through the hills.

The traffic came to a crawl as we approached Woodside and riding the other was a large group of Harleys all riding 2 abreast.

Bodø took this one of us arriving on our 1100A which would have been around 12:25pm after leaving home at 8:00am.

We had an issue with our cameras as well. I forgot to charge mine so we bought Heathers and discovered the memory card was not in it so The few photos we took were done on the phones.

I took a few inside the venue and these two were the best

Kahrin, John and Bodø 

Chris, Pete and Kahrin

For the return trip we made a stop for fuel at Strathalbyn and ran back the Eastern side of the Adelaide Hills going into Mannum for the local IGA supermarket before aiming for home via Sedan, Truro, Robertstown and Burra. By the time we got to Burra I need a coffee so back into the Caltex for a bowl of chips and a cappuccino each.

Heather wanted a photo of the Burra creek and the towns rest stop was a good place for that.

And the town hall across the road.

The GPS gave a total of 664 km for the day and the bike was 658 on the odometer so not that far out.

1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Kev Murphy, Jdbiker