Honda ST1100 Section > Suspension ST1100

Race tech front suspension help

(1/2) > >>

Simmo50:
Had the st1100 in at local bike shop ,suspension front and rear just wasn't right. They changed the oil in forks but it's still not right. Go over the slightest pot hole and it feels like there's no air in tyre. Can almost feel the rim. No damping .Does anyone know someone in Perth was area that can do race tech spring and gold valves and actually knows about suspension. 

Yorkie:
What weight oil did they use and how much, police have 10 wt and more than the civilian models, if your suspension is not stock it will be a raffle trying to get it sorted

Simmo50:
They said they put 10wt in.  It's locking upon the slightest pothole. Not bottoming out. It's not damping properly.  I'm thinking , they put too much or not enough oil. I also believe one leg is not the same as the other in oil volume. 
Considering doing it myself.

Yorkie:
You are correct with different volume of oil in each leg, is the anti-dive the problem?

Greencan:

--- Quote ---They said they put 10wt in.  It's locking upon the slightest pothole.
--- End quote ---

Pretty convincing for hyrdraulic lock...what diameter are your forks, 41 or 43mm?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version