Honda ST1100 Section > Suspension ST1100

Fork Seal Replacement.

(1/4) > >>

alans1100:
I booked in for the front seals to be done in two weeks time. Had to remind them that the A model is different to base model.

Cost about $350 to $400 including parts and about three hours to do.

These parts mentioned
SEAL SET, FR. FORK   51490-MZ1-305,
BUSH, GUIDE   51414-MN1-671

PACKING   51417-MAJ-G41 he missed this one on RH fork but checking workshop manual to see if needed.

Piet:
Would this offer better value for next time you do the forks?
I found this on ebay.  Their own web site leaves a bit to be desired trying to find them online.  The chat session works a treat during working hours though.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-ST1100-SC26-Fork-Seals-Wipers-Bushes-FULL-Suspension-Kit-FREE-SEALMATE-/201166021615?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed66de3ef&_uhb=1

Shiney:
I just had mine done as they were leaking oil.

Dropped the bike in to Des Roberts Motorcycle Performance in Brendale, QLD in the morning.
Took my Brother and sister out to Sea World :runyay and picked the bike up in the arvo.

Cost was only $230 including parts and labor :thumbsup

alans1100:

--- Quote from: Piet on September 14, 2014, 11:48:55 PM ---Would this offer better value for next time you do the forks?
I found this on ebay.  Their own web site leaves a bit to be desired trying to find them online.  The chat session works a treat during working hours though.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-ST1100-SC26-Fork-Seals-Wipers-Bushes-FULL-Suspension-Kit-FREE-SEALMATE-/201166021615?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed66de3ef&_uhb=1

--- End quote ---

Not much good for mine. 96 ABS (1100AT) and newer have different forks.

Piet:
 :cuss Dammit,  One of my new fork seals is leaking so I must have dammaged it on install.  New one ordered and a little more work just to get it right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version