Author Topic: Rear abs rim for st1300  (Read 708 times)

Offline redrider

• Macedon Range
  • ST Legend
Rear abs rim for st1300
« on: July 21, 2023, 02:58:03 PM »
H i just found out i have a flat spot in rear wheel just enough to leak air can these magnesium rims be repaired or would anybody have a second hand one in the grey colour for sale.cheers Brian
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 03:02:54 PM by redrider »

Offline Williamson

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • ST Legend
Re: Rear abs rim for st1300
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 03:31:57 PM »
H i just found out i have a flat spot in rear wheel just enough to leak air can these magnesium rims be repaired or would anybody have a second hand one in the grey colour for sale.cheers Brian

It depends on a number of factors.  How bad the damage is probably the biggest, next would be skill of repairer, and then the opinion of the repairer.

In an earlier life, mid-90's, when I had a bicycle shop, I use to sell, service and repair motorised bicycles.  These had a cast alloy rear (sometimes front) wheel.  Often they'd come in with a busted wheel.  I'd take them a guy in The Basin, some he could repair, some he couldn't.  He said he wouldn't repair them unless it was a quality job - he reckoned a wheel he repaired was stronger the the original.

Some professional advice wouldn't go astray.

https://www.google.com/search?q=alloy+wheel+repairs+melbourne&rlz=1C1FGUR_enAU948AU948&oq=alloy+wheel+repairs&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqCggBEAAYkgMYgAQyBggAEEUYOTIKCAEQABiSAxiABDIKCAIQABiSAxiABDINCAMQLhivARjHARiABDIHCAQQABiABDIHCAUQABiABDIHCAYQABiABDIHCAcQABiABDIHCAgQABiABDIHCAkQABiABNIBCDc4MDJqMWo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

On another matter, your profile indicates you're in the Macedon Ranges.  We have a RTE (Ride to Eat, meet, great and talk BS) tomorrow at Broadford, details here: http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=15169.msg1364109#msg1364109.

The more the merrier.

Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

The following users thanked this post: Jdbiker