Author Topic: Switch panel  (Read 2200 times)

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Switch panel
« on: August 09, 2012, 09:01:43 PM »
I've had my Starcom volume control in the RH pocket for ages waiting to put it somewhere.  It comes with a ty-wrap to go around handlebars, but that doesn't suit the ST's thick, non-cylindrical bars.  Besides, it looks tacky.

With the arrival of my light brackets and the anticipated arrival of grip warmers, I needed to mount a couple of switches as well.

Time to get creative.

I folded a piece of mild steel sheet and drilled it.  I took the back off the volume control box and screwed it to the panel with the same 4 screws, putting a smear of Silastic under the box to waterproof it.

I replaced the 20 mm bolts in the clutch mount with 30 mm ones so I could have 5mm spacers to set the panel clear of the handlebars.

Jaycar have nifty little toggle switches rated at 240v/2A which are more useful than the 12v/0.4A ones (only suitable for relays).  They're made even sweeter with the addition of dinky boots to weatherproof them.

Here's the set-up all ready for road testing.

:thumbs
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
Re: Switch panel
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 09:08:43 PM »
Looks good Biggles
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 09:46:12 PM »
Great stuff mate. Anything that eases the amount af attention you have to divert from the road is real good.      :thumb

Looks like you've had a bit of fun with your other, other half!

Cheers, Diesel
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 10:06:16 PM »
Great stuff mate. Anything that eases the amount af attention you have to divert from the road is real good.      :thumb

Looks like you've had a bit of fun with your other, other half!

Cheers, Diesel

Please don't tell my other half about the other half!!   :crazy
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927