Honda ST1300 Section > Fuel & Additives ST1300

Excessive Fuel Consumption, Any ideas?

<< < (2/5) > >>

zevk:
Thanks Brock And Saaz for your advice.

Brock, I guess its reassuring somewhat, that your personal worst is closer to my average...

I have been using Caltex 98 octane, for the last 2 months and recently tried Caltex 95 to compare.

My temp is at 3 bars after warm-up and stays at 3 bars.

The fast wax idle works correctly when cold, the bike idles, accelarates and revs smoothly thru all rpms...

I need to trial a long steady ride one day, as Brock mentioned, at a stable 100 kmh and then top up, and calculate consumption.

Most of my riding has been country roads, and some twistys, not much highway riding at all.

Anyone try the "HiFlow" air filter from Ebay $45? Honda dealer wants $90aud for OEM.

Also, I will need rear brake pads soonish, anyone try Ferrodo HH sintered ($50 per pr)

thanks again

:13Candy 

Brock:
Metal gear do reasonable brakes, cos me about $60 for a full set

Poppy Dave:

--- Quote from: zevk on December 23, 2012, 06:47:23 AM ---Also, I will need rear brake pads soonish, anyone try Ferrodo HH sintered ($50 per pr)

thanks again

:13Candy

--- End quote ---

Try this guy. He's in the UK, dave@davewilkinsmotorcycles.co.uk - 3 sets of EBC HH pads ( the rear ones being thicker ) for $144.01 AUD = £89.00 GBP ( October price anyway). Dave's a member of the Honda PanEuropean Owners Club.

Dave's a really nice bloke and an ST guru. Drop him an e-mail and he'll fill you in on the thicker, rear pads.
I use them ( now on 2nd set ) and they're just what the doctor ordered.

Take care and all the best for Christmas,

Dave

zevk:
Brock and Dave, thanks very much for the info re the brakes!

Happy and Healthy new to one and all!

Diesel:
Just putting this out there Zev.....

Both wheels spin freely when on the centre stand don't they...

I was wondering if your brakes were pinching the discs and "always on".

This would seem evident - and sorry if too obvious - but an easy one to eliminate as a cause too.

Cheers, Diesel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version