Author Topic: That FI light business  (Read 1712 times)

Online Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
That FI light business
« on: June 08, 2013, 10:14:54 PM »
At 2:30 this morning, after I started Ruby at the Shell ready to depart on my FarRide to Bargara, the FI light came on.
Last time it did that was after a brake pad change, and it resolved itself after a restart.  IanB (ex Beatup) had a similar problem that his Honda mechanic couldn't fault.  So I pushed on into the night.  I did two rolling shut down/ restarts to no avail.  It was only after a complete shut down when I refuelled the next time that it reset itself.  I've had five starts since without a problem.

Danged electrickery!  I've been interfering with Ruby's intestines with the grip heater install and driving light repair, but none of that should have upset the ECU.  The only possibility I can think of was I may have cranked the starter before the FI extinguished in the boot cycle, but I'm sure I've done that plenty of times with no ill-effect, even though it's best practice to wait.    Wot thuh
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927