Honda ST1100 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1100

New Tyre

(1/18) > >>

alans1100:
Hi,

Since living in a country town in SA which is about 100kms from the nearest bike/tyre dealer I put a query into the local Tyrepower dealer. Originally I went in with the Territory to get a price on a couple tyres to suit that.

They also sell the cheaper fuel in town so them seeing me in a car and bike is common. While asking about car tyres he mentioned that they do motorcycle as well.

I ordered the rear Bridgestone BT-023 for the 1100 yesterday (20/12/11) and it should be here to fit on Friday. No fitting charge if I take the wheel off myself. So should cost me about $278. This afternoon the rear wheel comes off which I have only done once before. Should be easier this time.

:bl11

Alan

saaz:
Its good that you have that option.  A tyre place in Jindabyne also does the same thing, and has some common tyres in stock

alans1100:
I have just spent the last hour or so removing the rear wheel so I can do my tyre change. Doing it on the ground makes it a little harder as I have to remove tow bar and the rear mud guard to get the wheel out.

What I hated was finding out the splines had not been greased when the tyre was done last time. Dry as a bone it was. Now that's not good for a dealer who should know better. I found the same had happened before when I took the wheel out myself a couple tyre changes ago.

Just as well I had grease on hand and it looks like I'll be taking the wheel out myself from now on.

Alan

Malcolm6112:
I hope you used the correct grease Alans1100.

STray had to replace the rear spline drive on his 1100 just recently because an axle grease was used.
Honda recommend a Moly 60 grease. Under $20 a tube when you buy it from the states. Two and a half arms if bought from your local Honda STealership.

:blu13

alans1100:
Thanks Malcolm6112,

I think what I used should be good enough. Castrol grease LMM High melting point extreme pressure for ball joints and constant velocity joints. The last time I did this all I could find was a marine grease with similar traits. I didn't even know I had the castrol stuff until my partner found it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version