Honda ST1100 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1100

Tyre purchase - Jake Wilson - Do you want a tyre or 2?

(1/3) > >>

Piet:
Hi All, Just been in touch with jake Wilson for some tyres.  I am going to make a purchase shortly and thought if anyone else is wanting to purchase then you might want to add your order.

For the ST11 he has the following available in Standard Sizes,
Front Tyres.  110/80-18

Avon Road rider AM26 Front tire
Bridgestone Battlax BT023 Front tire
Bridgestone Battlax BT45 V-Rated Front tire
Bridgestone Battlax Sport Touring T30 Front tire
Continental Road Attack 2 Hyper sport Touring Radial Front tire
Metzeler Lasertec Front tire
Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact Front tire
Pirelli Angel GT Front tire

Rear Tyres 160/70-17

Bridgestone Battlax BT023 Rear tire
Bridgestone Battlax Sport Touring T30 Rear tire
Dunlop K591 Rear tire
Metzeler Lasertec Rear tire
Michelin Commander II Rear tire
Pirelli Night Dragon Rear tire

Wild Rose:
I have purchased tyres from Jake Wilson, very good service from them  :like
But I don't need any, Thanks for the offer  :grin

Piet:
With the Aussie dollar being down the toilet at the moment I have looked at the costs and its not looking good.  The combination of dollar and freight is making it the same as buying locally.

Has anyone ever tried fitting a 180/60-17?

Why I ask is that it seems that the end result in diameter is just -1.2% less.  So 65 MPH would actually be 64.21 MPH.  So revs would only be a fraction higher for a given road speed.

The question though is will the 180 width fit in the swing arm and ... is the 180 width exceeding the narrow rim width, causing unacceptable tyre profile distortion or shaping?

alans1100:

--- Quote from: Piet on April 10, 2015, 09:23:54 AM ---With the Aussie dollar being down the toilet at the moment I have looked at the costs and its not looking good.  The combination of dollar and freight is making it the same as buying locally.

--- End quote ---

I usually buy from the US but my last rear I bought from the local car tyre dealer as I needed it quick but had I bought from the US I would still have saved. The Bridgestone T30r cost $283.75 but if went for the GT spec it would have been and extra $30 (wholesaler quote).

Had I bought the same tyre from the US then I would have saved $40 after the $15 fitting was taken into account. The GT spec tyre would have worked out about $70 cheaper.

Local tyre prices will eventually increase as they're all imported and it will in most cases be still cheaper to buy from the US.

saaz:
I think Tipsy has, or still has, a 180/55 rear on rHonda. It may depend on the brand as I tried a 170/60 in one brand that did not have enough side clearance, while every other tyre that size was fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version