Honda ST1100 Section > Electrics & Electronics - Volts, Amps and Fuses ST1100

ST1300 Sunburnt Trip Computer

(1/4) > >>

WizFizzle:
Hi Guys,
Can anyone point me in the right direction to getting this repaired?
Checked with my dealership today and they can order a full replacement but this is at $2200.
Hoping that there is a place that can just replace the screen.
Cheers,
Shaun

StinkyPete:
Hi WizFizzle and welcome to the forum from SA   :hatwave
I'd get on the phone to a bunch of wreckers and see what you can find.   I've had great success in the past by going down that path for a final drive unit, and saved mega bucks.

Williamson:
Ouch!  That could be expensive, Pete's suggestion is the way to go, might be a while for one to come-up at a wrecker.

Pre-ST1300, I had a CB1300 with a notoriously inaccurate speedo.  I fitted bicycle computer, calibrated it correctly, worked fine.  It was a wireless Cateye unit, cost around $40.00.  Had to modify the litte round magnet sensor to fit onto the hub, and a bit of fiddling around with the pick-up unit and an extension bracket on one of the suspension tubes, and after a bit of trial and error was successful and I was happy with the result.

A Google search on wireless Cateye computer and sensor will give you a better idea.

StinkyPete:
Here's once that's cheaper than a new one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-ST1300-Pan-European-Clock-set-Dash-37100-MCS-G01-NOS/362943352438?epid=1413702391&hash=item54811c0e76:g:XWIAAOSw8-lcgYP7

Biggles:

--- Quote from: StinkyPete on July 21, 2020, 04:16:13 PM ---Here's once that's cheaper than a new one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-ST1300-Pan-European-Clock-set-Dash-37100-MCS-G01-NOS/362943352438?epid=1413702391&hash=item54811c0e76:g:XWIAAOSw8-lcgYP7

--- End quote ---

OK if you're happy with MPH and kph inner scale.
I presume the accumulated mileage is "remembered" in the instrument cluster.  Or is it in the ECU?

On a related subject, chatting about life and STs with CallMeSteve and he reckons he could make the digital display brighter by replacing the LED behind the LCD.  I'd like to see that.  Just thought of it, looking at the back of that one for sale.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version