Author Topic: Drugs, Sex, Rock and Roll, mark II. ( content may not suit everyone)  (Read 2927117 times)

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
Re: Drugs, Sex, Rock and Roll, mark II. ( content may not suit everyone)
« Reply #375 on: April 02, 2016, 06:05:53 PM »
There is a 'heads up' for members in General Discussion, where people will wish you all the best, Rob.

Here is the link:

http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=10729.0

Thanks Kev :thumbsup
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

The following users thanked this post: Jdbiker

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • 98 ST1100 Portland, SW Vic coastal.
« Reply #376 on: April 02, 2016, 06:32:53 PM »
 :thumb
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Jdbiker

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #377 on: April 02, 2016, 07:36:37 PM »
A woman is shopping in the local supermarket. She selects some milk, some eggs, a carton of juice, and a package of bacon.
As she unloads her items at the cash register to pay, a drunk standing behind her in line watches her place the four items on the belt and states with assurance, "You must be single."
The woman looks at the four items on the belt, and seeing nothing unusual about her selection says, "That's right. How on earth did you know?" He replied, "Because you're ugly."

0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #378 on: April 02, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »
   WE WAS BRUNG UP PROPER!!

"And we never had a whole Mars bar until 1993"!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO WERE BORN IN THE
1930's 1940's, 50's, 60's

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us and lived in houses made of asbestos.
They took aspirin, Bex, ate blue cheese, raw egg products, loads of bacon and processed meat, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes or any cancer.

Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright coloured lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles doors or cabinets, and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets or shoes, not to mention the risks we took hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags, or in the back of a Ute.

We drank water from the garden hose, or a bubbler and certainly NOT from a bottle.

Take away food was limited to fish and chips, .... no pizza shops, McDonalds , KFC, or Subway .

Even though all the shops closed at 6.00pm and didn't open on the weekends, somehow we didn't starve to death!

We shared one soft drink with four friends from one bottle, and NO ONE actually died from this.

We could collect drink bottles and cash them in at the corner store and buy Toffees, Bubble Gum and some ‘crackers’ to blow up frogs with.

We ate copious biscuits, white bread and real butter and drank soft drinks with heaps of sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because......

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

Out of school we would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the street lights came on.

No one was out looking for us all day. And we were O.K.   We would spend hours building our go-carts out of old prams. Or fruit boxes and ball bearings and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. Our bikes had back pedal brakes, but only for as long as the chain stayed on. We built tree houses and dens and played in creek beds with matchbox cars.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo Wii , X-boxes, no video games at all, no 999 channels on SKY ,
No video/DVD  films,  No mobile phones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms.
Home phones were party lines, and if you picked up and someone was talking, you put it down again!
...and if the phone rang, and no one answered, they would call you back later!
..........WE HAD FRIENDS, and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no Lawsuits from these accidents.

Only GIRLS had pierced ears!

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

You could only buy Easter Eggs and Hot Cross Buns AT Easter time...

We were given air guns or cap guns, and catapults for our 10th birthdays.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the back door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

The car keys never got lost, because THEY WERE LEFT IN THE IGNITION on the driveway!

Mum didn't have to go to work to help dad make ends meet! FOOTBALL and CRICKET had try outs and not everyone made the team. 
Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! Getting into the team was based on MERIT.

Sports in general were just that... SPORTS! ... The players were not on mega bucks retainers! If one was good enough to get on the local team, they STAYED with their "TEAM", and weren't traded like commodities.

Our teachers used to belt us hard with canes, straps and gym shoes, and we usually learnt to toe the line.

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law! 
If we done wrong, the cops would belt us. Then when we got home, we would get a second serve from Dad!

Our parents didn't invent stupid names for their kids like 'Kiora' and 'Blade' and 'Ridge' and 'Vanilla' and ‘Lotus’

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL !

And if you YOU are one of them!
CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.

Can you remember these times too ? 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 10:34:31 PM by Kev Murphy »
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

The following users thanked this post: Bloodman, Jdbiker

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #379 on: April 02, 2016, 10:53:30 PM »
Bloke went into Maccas. A 'large' girl was rushing around behind the counter serving several people at once.
When she finally fronted the guy, she said "Sorry about the wait"
He looked at her and replied "If you are kept as busy as this, you might lose some?"
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online NTRebel

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • red centre red bike
« Reply #380 on: April 03, 2016, 12:03:13 AM »
Hey Kev some of us still do that .Them was the good old days they was.

WE WAS BRUNG UP PROPER!!

"And we never had a whole Mars bar until 1993"!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO WERE BORN IN THE
1930's 1940's, 50's, 60's

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us and lived in houses made of asbestos.
They took aspirin, Bex, ate blue cheese, raw egg products, loads of bacon and processed meat, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes or any cancer.

Then after that trauma, our baby cots were covered with bright coloured lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles doors or cabinets, and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets or shoes, not to mention the risks we took hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags, or in the back of a Ute.

We drank water from the garden hose, or a bubbler and certainly NOT from a bottle.

Take away food was limited to fish and chips, .... no pizza shops, McDonalds , KFC, or Subway .

Even though all the shops closed at 6.00pm and didn't open on the weekends, somehow we didn't starve to death!

We shared one soft drink with four friends from one bottle, and NO ONE actually died from this.

We could collect drink bottles and cash them in at the corner store and buy Toffees, Bubble Gum and some ‘crackers’ to blow up frogs with.

We ate copious biscuits, white bread and real butter and drank soft drinks with heaps of sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because......

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!!

Out of school we would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the street lights came on.

No one was out looking for us all day. And we were O.K.   We would spend hours building our go-carts out of old prams. Or fruit boxes and ball bearings and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. Our bikes had back pedal brakes, but only for as long as the chain stayed on. We built tree houses and dens and played in creek beds with matchbox cars.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo Wii , X-boxes, no video games at all, no 999 channels on SKY ,
No video/DVD  films,  No mobile phones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms.
Home phones were party lines, and if you picked up and someone was talking, you put it down again!
...and if the phone rang, and no one answered, they would call you back later!
..........WE HAD FRIENDS, and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no Lawsuits from these accidents.

Only GIRLS had pierced ears!

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

You could only buy Easter Eggs and Hot Cross Buns AT Easter time...

We were given air guns or cap guns, and catapults for our 10th birthdays.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the back door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them!

The car keys never got lost, because THEY WERE LEFT IN THE IGNITION on the driveway!

Mum didn't have to go to work to help dad make ends meet! FOOTBALL and CRICKET had try outs and not everyone made the team. 
Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! Getting into the team was based on MERIT.

Sports in general were just that... SPORTS! ... The players were not on mega bucks retainers! If one was good enough to get on the local team, they STAYED with their "TEAM", and weren't traded like commodities.

Our teachers used to belt us hard with canes, straps and gym shoes, and we usually learnt to toe the line.

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law! 
If we done wrong, the cops would belt us. Then when we got home, we would get a second serve from Dad!

Our parents didn't invent stupid names for their kids like 'Kiora' and 'Blade' and 'Ridge' and 'Vanilla' and ‘Lotus’

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL !

And if you YOU are one of them!
CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.

Can you remember these times too ? 
I'm not strange i'm just not normal {Salvador Dahli}

The following users thanked this post: Kev Murphy, Jdbiker

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #381 on: April 03, 2016, 04:07:59 AM »
A prominent sporting star was asked for a sample of body fluid for drug testing.

He was not overly enthused to comply.

So they gave him an ultimatum.... "Your choice...urine..... or you're out!"
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #382 on: April 03, 2016, 05:24:06 AM »
Guido was in jail... he received a letter from his Father.

"Guido my son, life is hard while you are not at home. Looks like no tomatoes this year, as the ground is so hard to dig, and I am old. Love, Papa"
Guido penned a letter in return.. "Papa !. Do NOT dig in the garden !... That is where I buried the bodies and the drug money ! Love, Guido"

Two days later, Guido received another letter. "Guido my son!... The police and detectives were here yesterday, with shovels and mattocks they dug up the whole backyard but found nothing! Love, Papa"

Guido replied "Plant the tomatoes, Papa, that is the best I could do at such short notice. I should be home in two months to help with the harvest. Love, Guido"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 06:58:04 AM by Kev Murphy »
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #383 on: April 03, 2016, 07:30:29 AM »
Jimbob done come into town looking for work, and scored a job. His new Boss said "Start on Monday, boy, but Daylight Savings starts this weekend, so make sure you are here on time at 7 am."

Jimbob asked "Whut's daylight saving?" never having heard of it in the mountains.

The Boss said "Well, on Sunday, the clocks go forward an hour, so you will have to get here an hour earlier each day."

Monday morning, Jimbob was waiting at the workshop door, on time at 7am.

Same Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Friday morning, the Boss found him asleep on the step, and woke him.

"Whut you doin' sleeping there, Boy, you should be awake and alert, ready to start work?"

"Jimbob fixed him with bleary eyes and replied "This city living don't agree with me... I wus here 7 am Monday, 6 am Tuesday, 5 am Wednesday, 4 am yesterday, and been sitting here since 3 am this morning, and you STILL don't open the door until 7 am ???... this daylight saving is the craziest thing I ever done hear!"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 07:36:43 AM by Kev Murphy »
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #384 on: April 03, 2016, 10:15:15 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eozxuigb218

I bet these people need written instructions on how to breathe?  :rofl
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #385 on: April 03, 2016, 09:56:48 PM »
Retirement has me confused...

.. the days seem so short that I wonder how the hell I even had time to GO to work?
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #386 on: April 03, 2016, 10:14:34 PM »
Update on Fridays April fool harmonica stunt...

Wazza dropped in this evening for a coffee, and recounted his thoughts at the time...
When the harmonica started howling, he stopped because he thought that the bike plastics had come adrift.
Poked and shoved, but everything seemed tight.. then he dismissed that thought because he was at too low a speed for that to be the answer. So he jumped back on and continued. The howling re-commenced, and he stopped again, thinking .. brake pads locked?.. a seized wheel bearing? Put the bike on the centre stand but the wheels turned freely.
He was then thinking Ah!... 1st April!... and Murphy was watching at the window!... got out his torch and started fishing around... Nope! nothing jammed in the exhaust?... hullo hullo?... whats this duct tape hiding under the headlight? And there it was... so he rode back to my place to give me the bird, and a thumbs up , and then rode to work laughing. Apparently, the harmonica was then fitted to a mates work van, and another person was caught out as well.

He wasn't impressed.
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Wild Rose, johnnyYTED, Jdbiker

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #387 on: April 03, 2016, 11:40:24 PM »
I'm actually surprised the airflow was enough to make a sound.  When you blow in them, it's a fairly strong stream of air that flows over the reeds.
Obviously plenty loud enough to be heard inside a vehicle.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #388 on: April 04, 2016, 01:00:04 AM »
 :thumb I held it in my hand for testing before I fitted it... it started droning around 40/45 kph and just got louder as speed increased.
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Wild Rose, Jdbiker

Offline Gadget

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Just Ridin'
« Reply #389 on: April 04, 2016, 06:28:15 AM »
:thumb I held it in my hand for testing before I fitted it... it started droning around 40/45 kph and just got louder as speed increased.
The lower frequency reeds don't take as much effort.
Cheers,
Gary
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Then  :blu13 Now :Spyder
Life's too short to be miserable, so enjoy it! :)
OzSTOC #257
FarRider #810
IBA #59140

Mob: 04 2448 3555

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Kev Murphy, Jdbiker

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #390 on: April 04, 2016, 04:52:32 PM »
After riding through Melbourne in the pouring rain a couple of weeks back, and not able to see traffic in the blind spot, I fitted two small wide angle mirrors today. Visibility has now improved that I can see a car in the next lane about level with my rear tyre now, Not bad for less than $15 for the two of them.
Thanks, Repco.
Cannot grace the post with a photo, because my camera has vanished?
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Offline Draco (Heartbreak Kid)

• Rob Married Ros 14/09/2019
  • Legendary Member
  • White Phoenix
« Reply #391 on: April 04, 2016, 05:27:47 PM »
I had previously fitted same to the Blue Beast

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

CHEERS
DRACO :)

Honda MT250 Elsinore, Honda 750 four F1
Kawasaki Z650, Kawasaki Z1R Mk ll (mint green)
FJ1200 Yamaha 1995, Kawasaki Z1100
Kawasaki Z1000, FJ1200 Yamaha 1995
FJ1200 Yamaha 1992, FJR1300 Yamaha 2004
ST1300 Honda 2004, FJ1200 Yamaha 1990

My next ride:2015 ST1300P
White Phoenix

The following users thanked this post: Kev Murphy, Jdbiker

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #392 on: April 04, 2016, 06:01:52 PM »
How are you feeling today, Rob?
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Offline Draco (Heartbreak Kid)

• Rob Married Ros 14/09/2019
  • Legendary Member
  • White Phoenix
« Reply #393 on: April 04, 2016, 06:12:22 PM »
How are you feeling today, Rob?
Getting better mate 1 more artery to unclog, then all done

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

CHEERS
DRACO :)

Honda MT250 Elsinore, Honda 750 four F1
Kawasaki Z650, Kawasaki Z1R Mk ll (mint green)
FJ1200 Yamaha 1995, Kawasaki Z1100
Kawasaki Z1000, FJ1200 Yamaha 1995
FJ1200 Yamaha 1992, FJR1300 Yamaha 2004
ST1300 Honda 2004, FJ1200 Yamaha 1990

My next ride:2015 ST1300P
White Phoenix

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Kev Murphy, Jdbiker

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #394 on: April 04, 2016, 06:18:04 PM »
 ++ Goodonya mate, keep plugging on.
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #395 on: April 04, 2016, 11:24:22 PM »
The angry wife met her husband at the door.
There was alcohol on his breath and lipstick on his collar.
"I assume," she snarled, "that there is a very good reason for you to come waltzing in here at six o'clock in the morning?"

"Yup!," he replied.... "Breakfast!"

0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #396 on: April 05, 2016, 05:21:49 PM »
Pinocchio was fed up with the recent complaints from his wife.
"Every time we make love, I get splinters."
So, Pinocchio went back to his maker, Gepetto the Carpenter, for advice.
"Sandpaper," said the carpenter, "that's what you need."
So, Pinocchio took some sandpaper home.
A few weeks later, the carpenter bumped into Pinocchio again.
"How are you getting along with the girls now?"
"Who needs girls?" grinned Pinocchio.

0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #397 on: April 05, 2016, 11:26:47 PM »
My goal for 2015 was to lose just 10 kilos.  Only 15 to go. :hatwave

Ate salad for dinner!  Mostly croutons & tomatoes.  Really just one big, round crouton covered with tomato sauce. And cheese. And ham 
OK! OK!, .... FINE!, it was a pizza!  I ate a whole pizza!  :well

How to prepare Tofu: :think1

1.  Throw it in the trash.

2.  Grill some Meat.

I just did a week's worth of cardio after walking into a spider web.

I don't mean to brag but......I finished my 14-day diet in 3 hours and 20 minutes. :eat

A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.  :spank

Kids today don't know how easy they have it.  When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel. :nahnah

Senility has been a smooth transition for me.

Remember back when we were kids and every time it was over 40, they closed school?

Me neither.

I may not be that funny or athletic or good looking or smart or talented, but...
....I forgot where I was going with this? :||||

I love being over 65.   I learn something new every day.......and forget 5 other things.

A thief broke into my house last night......He started searching for money so I woke up and searched with him. :butt

My dentist told me I need a crown.  I was like:  I KNOW!  Right? o:)

I think I'll just put an "Out of Order" sticker on my forehead and call it a day.

PS:  Sunday, March 3, 2016 3 am Daylight Savings reset. 
I set my bathroom scale back 10 Kilos on Saturday night. :thumbsup

Birthdays are good for you; the more you have, the longer you live.
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

The following users thanked this post: Shiney, Wild Rose, Jdbiker

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #398 on: April 06, 2016, 06:08:53 AM »
Just recently, a blonde mental giant reported on Twitter that she was amazed to discover that her birthday fell on the same date that she was born.....

. 'Nuff said.
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com

Online Kev Murphy

• "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #399 on: April 06, 2016, 06:15:34 AM »
Better late than never.....

Premier Daniel Andrews will tour Victoria's drought-affected regions talking to impacted farmers and communities today and tomorrow.

The two-day tour, with Water and Climate Change Minister Lisa Neville and Agriculture Minister Jaala Pulford, will start in Ararat on Wednesday morning with the opening of an outdoor pool.

Mr Andrews will then head to Wonwondah, Longerenong and Wycheproof.

Rain is forecast for Ararat, Wonwondah, Longerenong and Wycheproof today.
0428 306 496

kjmurphy2@bigpond.com