Author Topic: Wanted: ST1300 ECM/ECU  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Baz48

• ST 1300A 2004, Honda NX650, BMW R75/5
Wanted: ST1300 ECM/ECU
« on: January 15, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »
My 2004 ST1300 has a problem with the FI warning light coming on and indicating a knock sensor fault.  Sensors tested ok & new wiring harness installed by Honda. It now seems the ECU/ECM could be at fault. 

Does anyone have access to a spare ECU/ECM that could be used by the workshop as a comparison to determine whether or not my own ECU/ECM is faulty?  Alternatively if you're taking your ST1300 in for service at Nerang and would be prepared to let the shop check my unit against yours please let me know.

The shop doesn't have an ECU in stock and if one is brought in especially and doesn't cure the problem then the shop is left with an expensive item on hand.  Whilst the occasional ECU is available on eBay there is again the risk that big $ are spent and the replacement might not eliminate the problem.  It would be great to know for sure my ECU/ECM is at fault before commiting to the expense of purchasing a replacement.

If you can help please send a message or reply to this post.    You could also email me at caznbaz1@bigpond.com or phone (07)5524 8852

Cheers
Barry

Baz48